Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-10 of 10 Results
  1. Telus IPTV (also known as Optik TV)
    ...another newbie question.:D Trying to set up Optik to record all Canucks games across various channels- Sportsnet, CBC, TSN, etc. It appears to me that there are only two options- Search (tedious), or record via guide (more tedious). The problem is that the Search function is only looking...
  2. Shaw Cable
    Hi, My mom recently got a DCT700 (Shaw is going all digital, so no choice in the matter). She wants to continue to use her VCR, but we've been having issues getting here VCR to record programs. Reading other posts on this forum, I think I understand the steps needed to record a show on her...
  3. Bell Satellite TV
    Hi There, New to satellite and this forum. Looking for answers that I can't seem to find anywhere. I have a standard def Bell 3100 receiver in a separate room that I would like to record some programs from. The TV is also standard def so I don't want to invest in a lot of money to do this...
  4. Linux
    Good news for server builders and dedicated device system builders! Asus has fully qualified their miniITX Atom D525 series to use Fedora64 and Ubuntu64. The onboard audio is great, no pops, hum. It even does not suffer the usual bs from the pulse audio mixer software in Linux. Looks like IDT...
  5. Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion
    Hey everybody, I know there are several ways to record a program with repeating episodes throughout the week ONLY ONCE, but I'd like to hear if anyone has any better / easier ideas than I do. For example, let's say I want to record a program like "Rescue Me". There are a few problems... 1)...
  6. MTS
    Second time this has happened to me - go to play back a recording (on an SD channel) and all I get is a black screen. Fast forward button won't work but the skip buttons do work. The strange thing is that this is on the main box. Playback on the second box works fine! Happened to anybody else...
  7. Rogers Cable TV: HD PVR Discussion
    This thread is for owners of the Rogers 8642 HD PVR to provide us with their feedback on the set top box and discuss its use with other owners. See the following post for a list of known issues: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=122118&page=49 To discuss the new firmware/IPG...
  8. Bell Satellite TV PVR, HD PVR and HD Receivers
    This discussion thread is for owners to discuss the new ExpressVu 9241 HD Receiver when it becomes available. Any posts discussing when it will be available or from NON-owners will be deleted and the poster will receive an infraction. Once again, this thread is for OWNERS only. For...
  9. Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion
    Edit by 57: If you wish to discuss adding an external HDD to this unit, please use the following thread: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=85012 Pace Aspen , an all digital HD PVR would be introduced in Calgary and Edmonton before the end of this month Price at $598 but till...
  10. Shaw Direct Satellite
    I was reading the thread about the firmware upgrade going on and the DRM issues involved. I know that there isn't an upgrade going to the DSR305 - but I still use one of those. It's the receiver I use for my Vista Media Center computer (TV input through a Hauppauge tuner card via coaxial...
1-10 of 10 Results