Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 20 Results
  1. What's On Television?
    This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Global TV broadcast network from Corus for the 2020-21 broadcast year. I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post...
  2. What's On Television?
    This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Global TV broadcast network from Corus for the 2019-20 broadcast year. I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post...
  3. Television Industry / Channels and Providers
    GLOBAL NEWS LAUNCHES DAILY NEWS PODCAST, WAIT, THERE’S MORE Global News announced today the launch of the network’s first original daily news podcast Wait, There’s More, hosted by versatile Global News journalist Tamara Khandaker. Demystifying the day’s biggest headlines by providing all the...
  4. What's On Television?
    This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Global TV broadcast network from Corus for the 2018-19 broadcast year. I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post...
  5. What's On Television?
    This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Global TV broadcast network from Corus for the 2017-18 broadcast year. I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post...
  6. What's On Television?
    This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Global TV broadcast network from Corus for the 2016-17 broadcast year. Note that the Shaw Media channels, including Global, were purchased by Corus this past year. I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press...
  7. What's On Television?
    EDIT: Corus took over Shaw Media effective April 1 and shut down the Shaw Media site, breaking any links to that site - see post 56 for more info. GLOBAL'S FALL 2015 PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE-AT-A-GLANCE All times are ET and subject to change. New programs bolded and in capitals. Monday 7:00pm...
  8. What's On Television?
    The U.S. networks have announced their renewals for the next season - here is the status of the U.S. shows that Global carries. Cancelled Almost Human (FOX) Bad Teacher (CBS) Dracula (NBC) Growing Up Fisher (NBC) Ironside (NBC) Rake (FOX) Sean Saves the World (NBC) The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC)...
  9. What's On Television?
    GLOBAL’S FALL 2013 PRIMETIME DAY-AT-A-GLANCE All times are ET and subject to change. New programs bolded and in capitals. Monday 7:00 PM Entertainment Tonight 7:30 PM Entertainment Tonight Canada 8:00 PM Bones / ALMOST HUMAN (November 2013) 9:00 PM SLEEPY HOLLOW 10:00 PM THE BLACKLIST...
  10. What's On Television?
    (All times ET and subject to change. New programs bolded and in CAPS) Monday 7pm Entertainment Tonight 7:30pm Entertainment Tonight Canada 8pm Bones (Season 8 / Simulcast) 9pm Parenthood (Season 4 / Pre-release) 10pm Hawaii Five-0 (Season 3 / Simulcast) Tuesday 7pm Entertainment Tonight...
  11. What's On Television?
    Canada Sings Tuesday, May 15th – 10pm ET/PT. Duets Thursday, May 24th – 8pm ET/PT. Rookie Blue season 3 Thursday, May 24th – 10pm ET/PT in simulcast with ABC. (first episode stars William Shatner) Dogs In The City Wednesday, May 30th – 8pm ET/PT. The Glee Project season 2 Wednesday...
  12. What's On Television?
    All times ET and subject to change. New programs bolded and in CAPS Monday 7pm Entertainment Tonight 7:30pm Entertainment Tonight Canada 8pm NCIS (Season 9 / Pre-release) 9pm House (Season 8 / Simulcast)...
  13. What's On Television?
    Combat Hospital (formerly known as The Hot Zone) is the network’s latest original drama that makes its world premiere Tuesday, June21 -- 10pm ET/PT in simulcast with ABC. This powerful and compelling series charts the frantic lives of the hospital’s resident doctors and nurses from Canada...
  14. Portable Electronics: Cameras/eBooks/iPods/GPS
    Shaw has launched an application that lets Canadians watch many shows, complete with commercials, from the Global TV such as House, The Good Wife, NCIS: LA, The Office, Rookie Blue and Survivor on their Apple iPad. Global says some shows such Glee and Bones, which are owned by Fox are not yet...
  15. Television Industry / Channels and Providers
    CRTC is not releasing its daily announcements until after 4 pm est on Friday. It is expected that the decision on the Shaw purchase of Global/Canwest will be announced alongwith a number of conditions to permit the acquisition. Must be a good one if they are waiting until the stock...
  16. Television Industry / Channels and Providers
    Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-738 The new transmitter would operate on channel 22 with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 22,000 watts (maximum ERP of 40,000 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 656 metres). The Commission notes that CHAN-DT would...
  17. Television Industry / Channels and Providers
    CRTC may give bargaining chip. "Canadian television networks may get the right to pull their feed from cable and satellite services, and possibly black out shows on U.S. channels, if the broadcasters can't reach a deal with distributors on compensation for their signals" I guess it is time to...
  18. Television Industry / Channels and Providers
    The CBC has just posted an article which lists some of the issues the CRTC will examine during the Spring 2009 broadcast hearings. These include: * The appropriate contributions to Canadian programming in current economic conditions. * Terms of administering the fund that seeks to...
  19. Television Industry / Channels and Providers
    CanWest yesterday posted a loss of $1 billion, or $5.73 a share, for the three-month period ended Aug. 31. Canwest is still making lots of money from Global Television but its huge debts were racked up by buying Southam and Alliance Atlantis. My guess is the network will survive but CanWest...
  20. What's On Television?
    Global will broadcasting the 104th Annual Santa Claus Parade nationwide. Broadcast times: ON, QC, MB, SK, AB - Sunday, November 16th, 4 - 5:30 p.m. local BC & Atlantic Canada - Sunday, November 23rd, 4 - 5:30 p.m. local The complete Parade broadcast will also be available on the Global TV...
1-20 of 20 Results