TiVos for HD OTA in Canada - Page 44 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Over-The-Air (OTA) Digital Television

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-01-10, 08:40 PM   #646
FunkyTown

Ok I've unplugged the TiVo and left it unplugged for quite a while. It's still got this bug.

The TiVo premiere XL in the living room is still on the old firmware and it's working fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-01-10, 11:45 PM   #647
andrela

I think i know what happened. You are right that it did not select the show I selected. In the options, there are the "time and channel" line where you have to "reselect" the channel and time of the show. I believe the behaviour should be that the correct channel and time should the selected by default. Is this possible?

Where is this show recorded? Was it fun to be there?

There should not be a difference between the XL and the premiere.

As for the streaming notbworking on my tivos, I found out itvhas only been enable for the first "wave" of update. They should update the others sometime this week.
Old 2012-01-11, 05:50 AM   #648
FunkyTown

Exactly, it should default to the date/time I already chose. That's how the other versions always worked. I'm pretty sure it's a new bug. I seem to have a knack for finding bugs in computers for some reason. I guess I should crrete a ticket at TiVo.

Jimmy Fallon is recorded in New York City at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. It's happening in the future. I haven't gone yet. I was setting a future-dated timer to record the show when I am there.

My bedroom TiVo doesn't have a streaming option. My living room has not been updated yet. The last updates that took place had my living room TiVo wait a full month. I bought the living room TiVo a full year after the one in my bedroom. So there serial number is quite a bit higher. It appears they upgrade by serial number order. I expect my living room to get the update sometime early February.
Old 2012-01-11, 04:50 PM   #649
roscoe

FYI for some folks: New free Android app from tivo for controlling Premiers - http://www.tivo.com/android

While you can't download the new android app from the market in some circumstances, you can just download the .apk file to the phone directly and install it that way. They disabled some phones/tablets (testing issues I guess), but the app does generally work on everything.
Old 2012-01-12, 07:35 AM   #650
pjdavison

Default TiVo recording problem

For the last few days my season pass recording of the Daily Show has only recorded for 9 sec...the following program on CTV, The Colbert Report doesn't record at all. In both cases the programs report that they will record again tonight....but I suspect it will be for 9 sec and not at all again. Is anyone having success recording The Daily Show on CTV?
Old 2012-01-12, 12:21 PM   #651
El Gran Chico
Veteran

Location: Toronto/Etobicoke - Bloor/Royal York/Queensway/Islington

pjdavison, are you recording it from CFTO 9-1? If so, see the Toronto Station status thread - looks like they are doing maintenance at that time. If there's no signal, the TiVo won't record.
Old 2012-01-15, 04:16 PM   #652
andrela

Funkytown,

I have never been to a live taping of a show. Hope you enjoy.

As for the update, you may be lucky and get it early. I am very amazed with the streaming. Works great. Fast forward/rewind is excellent although a little choppy at the fastest speed.

My guess is they will provide more streaming options in the future releases such as a unified 'now playing' list.
Old 2012-01-15, 05:41 PM   #653
FunkyTown

Hi Andrela,

I went in 2009 to Jimmy Fallon and SNL. I love NYC. Setting my advanced TiVo timer for the Jan 19th show was an eye opener when it did not work. I haven't reported it to TiVo. I figured I'd wait a month or so to see what other bugs might be kicking around. I have found 2 so far. The timer bug, and the "To Do" list bug. If you scroll to the very end of your "To Do" list using the channel down key, then use the channel-up key to scroll back to the top, often you'll find your shows are missing. Exit and go back in and they are there. I found that bug within 10 minutes of using the new firmware. So either TiVo didn't test this at all, or they are aware of the issue and felt it was minor enough to release the code with the bug.

That's great that streaming has been turned on.
Old 2012-01-16, 09:00 PM   #654
andrela

I have never been to NYC. It is on my Bucket list though. Maybe I should fly there this summer for a few days...

I use the channel up/down quite often in To Do. I haven't seen the bug you are talking about. How many shows do you have? Are you using folders? Special sort ?
Old 2012-01-16, 09:43 PM   #655
FunkyTown

Yes, I use folders, although they don't show up in the "To Do" list. It's not the "My Shows" list where I found the bug. Go here:

Tivo Menu --> Manage Recordings & Downloads --> To Do List

scroll down (channel down) to the very bottom.
scroll up (channel up) to the very top.
scroll down to the bottom again.

Now while scrolling up you may notice your scheduled items have disappeared. It does not do it every time, but it does it most of the time.
Old 2012-01-17, 06:53 AM   #656
andrela

Got it. While saying 'to do', I was thinking 'now playing'. I see the bug. Thanks.
Old 2012-01-17, 08:28 AM   #657
FunkyTown

Oh really! That's excellent that you were able to reproduce it so quickly.

Thanks Andrela. :-)
Old 2012-01-18, 01:12 PM   #658
El Gran Chico
Veteran

Location: Toronto/Etobicoke - Bloor/Royal York/Queensway/Islington

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterP View Post
It looks like a new release (20.xx) has started rolling out to the Premiere line of products, just in time for CES. This one is supposed to "officially" enable streaming between Premiere boxes, and offers new search capabilities (now enabled for Hulu Plus in the same way as for Netflix). I'm seeing just as many green circles with the current "new" version 14.9, so hopefully this "new new" software will make an improvement.
Tivo has also released version 1.5 of their Tivo application for Android 2.2 and above. Does anyone have any tips on how this can be loaded into a Canadian Android smartphone? I can see it in the market when I'm using my USA VPN, but it doesn't want to install on my Fido Nexus S...
Here's a summary of the 20.2 changes/features: http://blog.tivo.com/2012/01/an-upda...tivo-premiere/
Old 2012-01-21, 07:47 AM   #659
gzero

Default Android app

Just got a TiVo Premiere the other day, and I emailed TiVo customer support about the Android app. Here's their reply:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with this Android app question.

I have submitted a request to our research department that this app be usable in Canada. I haven't heard of an estimated time when or even if that will become available in Canada. But hopefully it will be implemented there.
Old 2012-01-21, 01:04 PM   #660
andrela

Gzero,

Can you log on to the U.S android apps store using a different account and download it? This is what IOS users are doing.

As the Premiere is not 'officially' supported in Canada, there is a slim chance they will post it.