Post Your Working XM Canada Promo Code Here - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Old 2008-10-08, 03:12 PM   #76
Doug30

Default US Sub

If I use my uncle's address in texas, would they send him unwanted mailings? Also, if I use my Canadian Visa card will that pose a problem?
Doug30 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2008-10-08, 03:25 PM   #77
starchoice
Veteran

Once you get an account, you can go online and indicate contact preferences. You can uncheck mail and phone and check e-mail only. I would get your uncle's permission first. When you sign up, make sure you have his address and phone number ready. I have never had a problem with a Canadian c.c. They may send out a "welcome" package which is nothing more than a letter and brochure (junk mail). I do know that regardless of contact preferences, they will mail out reminder renewal cards if you haven't renewed close to renewal time.
starchoice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-10-08, 04:06 PM   #78
hockeymancw

I have never had a problem with a canadian cc either. I just changed my card # to a new card # a couple of months ago without issue. I make all my changes online and have selected email communication only. I also use a candian phone # and they don't seem to care.
hockeymancw is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-10-13, 11:24 PM   #79
volvik

Default Canadian Address

I get all notifications by email as well and used my Cdn CC without a problem. Has anyone tried to update their acct and give them their Cdn address? If it's okay then I wonder if they'd send you a radio if you took advantage of their discounted offers at times.
volvik is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-10-14, 03:11 PM   #80
starchoice
Veteran

Don't push your luck. They will only accept a U.S. address.
Old 2008-10-29, 11:12 PM   #81
disco1999

I was offered 3 months for 20$ cad and accepted, then I'll ask for a year real deal
disco1999 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-11-08, 11:29 PM   #82
HwyRogue

So... I can give a buddies addy in the US and then pay with my cdn CC? ..and I'll receive US programming? Does that mean more channels? Now, does that work for both the primary radio (my SUV) and the MyFi I just picked up? I'll get US pricing ( 6.99 for an additional radio) ?

Sorry for my ignorance, just researching best prices & practices since I'm dropping sirius.
HwyRogue is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-11-10, 02:33 AM   #83
starchoice
Veteran

More channels - yes!

If you have a Cdn. sub., you must kill it first.
Old 2008-11-15, 03:06 PM   #84
Scorp14

Not necessarily, I tried this a couple years ago when I got Sirius.

I bought the unit from BestBuy Canada and registered it through my friend's account which is US based. Basically we registered my unit as his second. Although I registered it with Sirius USA, since the unit has a Canadian ID the programming was actually Canadian not US.
Old 2008-11-15, 08:08 PM   #85
FLACer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp14 View Post
Although I registered it with Sirius USA, since the unit has a Canadian ID the programming was actually Canadian not US.
That's because of the older chipset that was in the radio in question that you bought from BestBuy Canada. AFAIK, this is no longer an issue with any of the newer Sirius radios and, regardless of what country they were purchased in, it was never an issue with any of the XM radios.
FLACer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-11-16, 03:47 PM   #86
derek80

I recently used the current XM promo code (XMAS08) for $35 off a one-year activation on a secondary radio. The total with activation worked out to be about $100 for the year for the secondary radio. I just thought I'd mention that this worked for a secondary radio as the promotion seems to indicate otherwise: http://www.xmradio.ca/shop/specialoffers.cfm

The website says you save $50 activating online, but then states that you get a credit for $35.01. This confused me at first, but I guess they mean you save $50 by activating online instead of by phone (phone is $15 more).
derek80 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-11-17, 09:02 PM   #87
PParent
Rookie

My subscription coming to an end and I don’t know what to do…. Can I use a promotion code to subscribe again?
PParent is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-11-17, 10:17 PM   #88
skypilot

Quote:
My subscription coming to an end and I don’t know what to do….
Call them a few days before your sub runs out. I have had positive experiences each time I called. Ask them what they can best offer you to renew. They'll start at the usual rate, maybe tweak it a bit less. If you say something like, "I was really hoping for somthing less," etc., that's when they'll probably give you a good rate.

I just renewed our primary radio sub with XM Canada for one year and received five months free! It was around $96.00 + taxes. Great deal. XMUSA did not offer me as good a deal.

Call them and see what you can arrange.
Old 2008-11-18, 03:40 PM   #89
bgclarke
Veteran

When I called on the weekend to cancel one of my radios, they thought I was cancelling my main radio and offered me 1 year for $96.

When I told them I was not cancelling my main radio (yet), they didn't offer anything for me to keep my family plan radio.
bgclarke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-11-18, 10:19 PM   #90
Wharfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgclarke View Post
When I called on the weekend to cancel one of my radios, they thought I was cancelling my main radio and offered me 1 year for $96.

When I told them I was not cancelling my main radio (yet), they didn't offer anything for me to keep my family plan radio.
seems to be a common occurance
Wharfe is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.