Post Your Working XM Canada Promo Code Here - Page 19 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Old 2011-01-14, 09:01 AM   #271
cfloyd

I used a starbucks in Pennsylvania as it is tax free state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-01-14, 09:25 AM   #272
Boodaddy

Good one :-)
Old 2011-01-14, 02:33 PM   #273
starchoice
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfloyd View Post
I used a starbucks in Pennsylvania as it is tax free state.
Just food for thought...I wouldn't use the address of a commercial establishment just in case as they are required to pay more...shouldn't be a problem...but in case they ever check out addresses, you never know.
Old 2011-02-03, 10:04 PM   #274
bbabiuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoRingo View Post
The current offer I received by mail is $99.99 ($126 including taxes and fees). I called them because this is too expensive for the quality of their service in my opinion. I specifically asked for the $77 deal, I was told it was not available and that the $126 was the best deal available now.

Anyways, if you want to go with this "promotion" the promo code is DEAL99A.

I'll let the trial period expire and up to them if they want to see me again, because I'm not paying over $10 a month to hear the same songs again and again. I have a loaded iPod for that!
I updated my subscription today. I used your code. I was given a hard time, and was transfered to the cancellation department. I just couldn't justify $196/yr on this service. I talked to a gentleman about cancelling, and said, why would I pay anything more than $99.99/yr. You sent me a card. The gentleman told me "we didn't send you that card", the code is for new cars equipped with our xmradio. I told the gentleman, I am not sure, so cancel the account. I told him it was really poor and then then he offered me $12/month, I declined. He offered $10 per month. I declined. I said $99.99 as it was what the card said, or cancel the account. He put me on hold, checked with his supervisor, and I got the rate.
Old 2011-02-24, 10:14 PM   #275
BingoRingo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbabiuk View Post
I updated my subscription today. I used your code. I was given a hard time, and was transfered to the cancellation department. I just couldn't justify $196/yr on this service. I talked to a gentleman about cancelling, and said, why would I pay anything more than $99.99/yr. You sent me a card. The gentleman told me "we didn't send you that card", the code is for new cars equipped with our xmradio. I told the gentleman, I am not sure, so cancel the account. I told him it was really poor and then then he offered me $12/month, I declined. He offered $10 per month. I declined. I said $99.99 as it was what the card said, or cancel the account. He put me on hold, checked with his supervisor, and I got the rate.
Glad to hear some people could use that code!

My 3-month trial expired at the beginning of the month and I did not renew, and just earlier this week, I was talking with my wife about the fact that XM never called us once it expired. Well today I got a call from XM and they had three deals to offer me, because it was 50% off today. I don't have the promo codes though, but if you're interested maybe a call to customer service will get it for you.

They started by offering me 12 months for $82.45 + taxes + fees, it came up to around $110 (sorry I did not note all the exact numbers...) with Quebec taxes. I said it was too expensive and that we didn't really use it so it was hard to justify this amount.

He then offered me a 6-month deal for a few cents above $40. That's $40 CLEAR, taxes included, etc.

He also offered a three-month deal but I forgot about the price.

So I took it, I think it's fair and I'm comfortable paying around $6.70/month taxes included. I think this is what the service is worth. Now the catch is if you don't cancel it, they will autorenew at the regular rate for a three-month period (that means they'll charge my credit card $45 so I'll make sure to call to cancel).
Old 2011-03-02, 08:43 PM   #276
Panache70

1 week left on free trial for XM Canada.

Looking for a 6-month deal @ 4.99.

XM offered 3 months, I passed hoping to find a 6 month code here.

Please let me know if you have anything that is close to this.

Thanks
Old 2011-03-04, 03:47 PM   #277
mitigator

Well couldn't believe it, but this morning I was called by Xm Canada about the 6 month $4.99/ month deal. This was after last week they refused to renew my 2010 / $99.00 + Taxes= $108.00 deal for 12 months - saying that last years' rate was a special promo!! So I cancelled.

Still seriously considering trying for a USA Deal, since I would like to get NFL and or CFL Games which are Not available on Xm Canada. Does anyone know what the total Other Charges are on this Canadian $4.99 / month for 6 Months Deal?
Old 2011-03-06, 01:00 PM   #278
BingoRingo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitigator View Post
Well couldn't believe it, but this morning I was called by Xm Canada about the 6 month $4.99/ month deal. This was after last week they refused to renew my 2010 / $99.00 + Taxes= $108.00 deal for 12 months - saying that last years' rate was a special promo!! So I cancelled.

Still seriously considering trying for a USA Deal, since I would like to get NFL and or CFL Games which are Not available on Xm Canada. Does anyone know what the total Other Charges are on this Canadian $4.99 / month for 6 Months Deal?
It cost me $40 and a few cents for 6 months (in Québec), I assume this is the same deal you're talking about.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:02 AM   #279
mitigator

Thanks a lot BingoRingo. Still trying to decide, I may call Xm Canada in next few days. I agree with you that $4.99 rate / month plus Taxes in Canada is a fair rate. The thing about trying for USA / XM is that my email account ends in .ca, which is a dead give away for Canada (if they were checking) unless I take out a new G mail account.
Old 2011-03-08, 01:52 PM   #280
Panache70

Does anyone know what the promo code is for that 6 months $4.99 deal?

I am just coming off my trial, and would prefer to use an online promo code if at all possible.

If not possible online, having the promo code would certainly be easier when calling in to SiriusXM.
Old 2011-03-08, 02:59 PM   #281
starchoice
Veteran

These promo codes are typically one-time use only. You need to actually cancel and then they will send you a code.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:16 AM   #282
mitigator

Well I gave up on the 5 mo for $20.00 USA Deal today, after trying again today to the 1 866 635 2341 phone number - I got nowhere.

Called XM Canada today re the $4.99 / month for 6 months deal they had called me about on Friday Mar 4, (after I had previously cancelled earlier this month) and the guy tried to tell me that 4.99 promotion had ended last month!! I asked for his Supervisor and Suddenly it was available again! They screwed me out of 6 days Service as the billing reverted back to the beginning of the month when my 2010 Sub expired. But Works out to $40.07 total taxes & royalty charges - for 6 months with automatic renewal after 3 months in June, then ends in Sept / 2011 - the end of the 6 month promo. Seems like a fair deal but no NFL channel 124 which is on Sirius, which I wanted. Maybe in Sept.....
Old 2011-03-09, 12:52 PM   #283
Panache70

Well, the trial ended today and by noon the radio was deactivated.

I called with the DEAL4Q code for 3 months at 3.99 per month, but I asked if I could get something a little more long term.

They offered 12 months for 129.99 to which I responded with very loud laughter.

I told them that I had previously been offered 6 months at 4.99 per month (which was a lie, but after reading this thread I figured I could get it).

They asked for the code, and I said I left it at home (I was calling from the office).

They agreed to honour this offer for me.

So total was $40.74 in Quebec for 6 months including royalties & taxes.

The call lasted all of 5 minutes.
Old 2011-03-10, 10:02 AM   #284
acadian33

Smile

Called yesterday and I was able to get a $5.99/6 Months deal. Also getting replacement antenna shipped as mine doesn't work anymore.
Old 2011-03-10, 07:42 PM   #285
moira
Rookie

Default $4.99/6 mos

XM called me Friday March 3, offered 2 deals, I took the $4.99/6 months. Told it would be up and running in about 24 hrs. By Monday, still nothing. Called and sat on hold for 45 minutes. Guy said they had to "reset" my radio. After 25 minutes, I had XM back. Tuesday night, got a phone message tell me that I'd have to "reset" my XM Radio to get it to work. Hmmm . . . 4 days after I agreed to the subscription . . . man o' man! Anyone know about cancelling after 6 months? When should I call? Can I do it a few days ahead of time? Or do they cancel your radio immediately when you call? Can't figure out why they just don't offer the $4.99/month ALL the time . . . would save all of us a lot of time and hassle.