32afx61 - pink spot on screen during orange-ish colors???? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Digital Forum Help and Administration > Archives > 2002 and Prior

Old 2002-04-26, 02:47 PM   #1
et1

Default 32afx61 - pink spot on screen during orange-ish colors????

has anyone ever heard or i guess, seen this before??? i have moved all my stereo equipment away from the tv, but it is still there.

how far should you keep stereo / speakers away from these flat screen tvs???

is there anything you can put in between the tv and a speaker, so that you can put it closer, without distorting the screen???

thanks.

ps. cool forum. i just joined. i found it thru kusat. i like this one better, sorry kusat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2002-04-26, 03:07 PM   #2
JohnnyG
Veteran

Secret trick - try turning the TV on and off in fairly rapid succession about 10 times or so.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to get it professional degaussed.
Old 2002-04-26, 03:07 PM   #3
hugh
Member #1

Johnny can answer better sounds like your speakers aren't properly shielded so the magnet in the speaker is screwing up your tv.

If I've got the terminology right you need to deGauss (demagnetize) your screen. Don't know how on your set, try reading the manual or maybe somone else out there can help!

p.s. thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forum
Old 2002-04-30, 10:13 AM   #4
et1

Default i had a repair guy look at the toshiba...

:-?

he took it apart and applied a magnet on the tube. he moved it around until the spot disappeared. does this sound right??? have you ever heard of anything like this before???

it did fix it though. he said that they have trouble with the flat screen monitors when it comes to magnetism. if you have a pot light that is close to the screen or an unshielded wire in the wall behind the tv, it could cause this problem.

i have also noticed that, i have a bryston 4b beside the tv, and if i move it too close, it screws up the screen.

are these tv's all like this, or do i have a lemon???

thanks.
Old 2002-04-30, 11:57 AM   #5
JohnnyG
Veteran

What the technician did was use a degaussing coil to de-magnetise the shadow mask and yoke of the TV.

All direct-view TVs are susceptible to this.
Old 2002-04-30, 01:10 PM   #6
et1

if you are talking about a round thing that plugs into wall, it was not that. the magnet was applied to the tube and left there.

is that what you meant???
Old 2002-05-01, 01:58 PM   #7
JohnnyG
Veteran

Nope, I was talking about the round thing. I have no idea what he might have left inside your set, but I am curious!
Old 2005-02-01, 08:51 PM   #8
LargeLarry

Default I'm seeing green in my 32AFX61

My TV is "popping" and turning the picture green. It then shuts itself off. The only way to recover is to unplug for 20 secs and the plug in. The picture is green at this point and then bursts to normal colors fading from dark to normal in a matter of 5 - 6 secs. This shutting down occurs 5 to 10 times in the first hour of use. Then sporadically over the course of on time.