Xplornet High Speed Satellite Service - Page 22 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Digital Industry Forums > Internet, Landline and Wireless Phone

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2011-03-13, 06:04 PM   #316
ExcelSolutions

Regular is when unlicensed frequencies are used (subject to interference from a number of other types of electronics and themselves) and Enhanced is a licensed frequency that is not allow to be interfered with. The easiest analogy is Walkie-Talkies compared to cell phones. You can have a conversation on both however the experience is much more pleasant on a cell phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-03-14, 10:48 PM   #317
Ochato

Thanks,

How do I find out which one do I have?
Old 2011-03-16, 09:30 AM   #318
ExcelSolutions

Looking at your bill would be the easiest as the line item would be something like:

Service
Enhanced Zoom, Enhanced Xpress, Enhanced Xtreme

or just Zoom, Xpress, Xtreme
Old 2012-02-15, 06:32 PM   #319
bitterman

Default Warnning Xplornet is the worst ISP ever.

I have spend the last 3-4 years dealing with Xplornet because of the lack of service that they provide.

First they setup and installed 900Mhz wireless... to the tune of $500-600 for the install. Well within about a month service totally went out. Took over 3 months to get some sorta service restored but it was no better than dialup... Because I signed a 3 year contract I coudl not do anything... Months went on, complaints it felt like 100's or hours with there tech support and finally they sent my case to there operation team... Guess what the operation team cam back I needed to install a 90 foot tower... to get the service... Yeah right what are they thinking.. I had already paid for a site survey... They gave me some BS like they used salilit topagraphic imaging to detion the tower I now needed. It told them no way and I going to pay 1000's for a tower and installation etc. They kept things goind woudl not give me anything back and charged me every month full price for the service I was not getting.

Finally after Months they are well you can get 3.5 GHz Wimax... and upgraded me. After it was working they did give me a few months free service but not one for one for the lack of service I experienced.

about a year went on and the service got slower and slower.... Call tech support they are liek your connection from your house to the tower is perfect... every time..... I continues to long info and provid them with the issues and nothing was ever fixed.

Then service got so bad about 1 year ago that I often hi 2000ms ping times and speed drop to .08 Mbit down... This was not always but at least 1/2 the time....... I keep calling and finally support after getting to level 3 and me proving the upto 30% packet loose to them they said it was peak time of day... It occurs from about 6am-2pm and 3pm till 10pm when everyone is using the service.. I understand that an increase in traffic but you still only shodul sell enought that you can provide a resonable amount of bandwith per client.... Well after more calls the support agan finally let me in on the whole truth. The whole network is over supscribed/over sold and as a result there pipe to the internet is sitting at over 98% of capacity steady and this is what has being causeing my problem to get to the point I can't get any data tranfer... I kept going callling and then they are we are making infrastructure changes (That was last spring) and everythign will get better... In the mean time they also cut everyones available badwith in 1/2 cahnging there terms of use etc so not a 1.5 Mbit connection is only for the first 1.5Mbit after that is drops to .7 till that fine is done.... I informed them I do not accpet this and they need to charge 1/2 the $$ if they are removing 1/2 the service...

Welll continue to complain and not long ago they sent an email indicating they can upgrade me to either 4G Wimax or a satilite service.... But had to pay for installation, Sign a new contract and they set bandwith caps also.

I am not a big user... worth month in 3 years has been about 35Gig total. B ut the main reason to get the service was to be able to ssh in from home or VPN.. Well the service is not able to even support that connection fail,timeout and are so slow it is unusable.

Now they are trying to force me to sign a new contract and they will not even garenttee any increase in my service for them to do anything at all to try to help my connection.

In my eye everyone shoudl avoid Xplornet at all costs. They do nothing but give customers the run around and even after over 3 year my connection is till not usable.... Unfortunately they had bough out storm and ripnet so not other providers in my area

Very frustated customer
Old 2012-04-04, 10:37 PM   #320
dino7c
Rookie

last year at this time they were bragging about 50-100mbps speeds.

wow 5mbps with a 30gb montly limit, imagine all the emails I can check
Old 2012-04-05, 02:16 AM   #321
HDTV101
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterman View Post
...... Guess what the operation team cam back I needed to install a 90 foot tower... to get the service... Yeah right what are they thinking..
90 foot tower? I'm rolling on the floor laughing when I read that!

Old 2012-04-05, 04:02 PM   #322
mr weather
Veteran

That looks like one awesome OTA setup!