Favourite "War Movies" on DVD? - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Digital Forum Help and Administration > Archives > 2002 and Prior

Old 2005-11-23, 10:39 PM   #61
james99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigPig
One you don't hear a lot about 'When Trumpets Fade',
quite good.
Good Movie. That being said, it was an HBO made for tv movie, so it doesn't get the same press as a real movie. I believe Tuskee Airmen was also a HBO made for tv movie.
james99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2005-11-23, 11:03 PM   #62
RigPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99
Good Movie. That being said, it was an HBO made for tv movie, so it doesn't get the same press as a real movie. I believe Tuskee Airmen was also a HBO made for tv movie.
...right, remember that about it now.
Old 2005-12-15, 03:11 PM   #63
badkarma

Great recommendations guys. I've never seen Das Boot but heard a LOT of good things about it. I guess my problem is it's an older film, worried it'll be cheesy. I'll have to grab it some time.

A movie I didn't see mentioned here is TaeGukGi(Brotherhood of War), it's worth a rental at the least if you're a war movie fan. It's a fairly recent war film about the Korean war.
badkarma is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.