Shaw Customer Service - good and bad - post comments here - Page 60 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2012-01-23, 10:33 PM   #886
sibble-comp

I'm with you on that Jetranger, the left and right hands really don't know what they are doing. I've switched a handfull of my business clients over to BB25 or BB50 lately and each day on the phone is another story.

eg, customer already had BB25, on a Friday, I called to find about getting upgrade pricing to BB50, was told they'd have to pay full price as they got a deal a year earlier when they signed up and that they'd have to pay the additional $10/month for static ip (included in new user packages). Discussed this additional $30/month cost with client. Called Shaw on the Monday and was told, they can get the special deal of 6 months free and 1 static ip address is included. We ordered it, it got installed and client is happy.

OTOH, I spent 3-4 hours on the phone over several calls each time getting 1 bit of info only to have that info refuted by the next call.

As to concierge chat, I used it once last week and it took about 15-20 minutes to get through.

Keeping the existing customers happy with simpler phone/internet and tv services would definitely increase Shaw's bottom line. As I noted in a previous thread, the complexity is such that I can just can't be bothered to change my services and upgrade to additional channels. My Step-father doesn't even want to talk to Shaw anymore after techs blew away the content on his 1tb expander, not once, but twice, it now sits forlorn in the corner unused like a lost toy. :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-01-23, 10:55 PM   #887
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

I haven't heard back from that 'eager to please' agent that called me last week either. I'm going to be out of town at the end of the month so I guess I will find out what changes when I get back. I will then have to call again and find out how much it will cost me for just one more channel. Likely $10 or more for a 'bundle' I don't need or want but have no choice about taking if I want that one channel.
Old 2012-01-23, 11:24 PM   #888
JasonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibble-comp View Post
OTOH, I spent 3-4 hours on the phone over several calls each time getting 1 bit of info only to have that info refuted by the next call.
I've learned my lesson the hard way. Any time I get some information that is hard to find or I've got multiple answers for, I explain the situation to the CSR and ask them to please put a note on my account. And I save (copy/paste) chat sessions when using chat.

Still no guarantees that the information is correct, but at least there's a record of it so they don't think you're just trying to scam them, and in my experience they have honoured previous commitments where technically possible.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:40 PM   #889
sibble-comp

Good point JasonB, I'll make sure to start doing that consistently in the future.
Old 2012-01-26, 12:33 PM   #890
newfbc

Just had an online chat with a CSR re not being able to view my bill online. He asked for my Shaw Customer Centre login/password. Is this an acceptable request?

Ron.
Old 2012-01-26, 01:17 PM   #891
JasonB

As a security best practice, no. But it seems like the front line csrs have no other way of validating your problem before passing it up the line. I wonder if they're equipped to do remote session sharing (go to meeting or whatever)
Old 2012-01-26, 01:29 PM   #892
DSgamby
Veteran

For that, I would say yes as they were just trying to recreate the same problem you have on your computer.

If you are using an addon to few pdfs. Make sure, you only have one abled. Meaning, if you have Foxit Reader and Adobe Reader abled, pdfs won't work in the browser.

Just to be on the safe side, I would change your password afterwards.
Old 2012-01-26, 06:28 PM   #893
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

I finally did get a call back from the 'eager' agent from last week. It turns out he was diagnosed with Cancer on the Friday and was understandably upset so I feel bad about critiquing his diligence. I got today's call back because I was on a concierge chat the other day for an unrelated issue and before I signed off, I got the obligatory 'is there anything else I can do for you?' I asked if there were any notes on my account about the call from this agent last week.

I was told there were indeed some notes but this chat agent didn't have the authority to provide the offers being made by the one who left the notes but that they would send an email and have the original agent contact me again. So, when I did hear from my original 'eager' agent again today, I was pleasantly surprised. I also gave him my sympathies as I am not well myself.

I was offered a pretty great deal, that I will post in the appropriate thread but I guess I have to say this guy went the extra mile, especially since he's dealing with some pretty serious personal stuff. Kudos to him.
Old 2012-01-27, 05:26 PM   #894
okanagan1
Rookie

Just quick note to complement Shaw on quick response using Concierge online chat. Called from Mexico, was answered within 2 minutes and business completed. Mucho improvement from events reported previously on this thread.

BTW- sunny and 28 today
Old 2012-01-28, 07:34 PM   #895
thisisme

Used the chat a couple of times and was impressed, much better than phoning.
Old 2012-01-30, 11:18 AM   #896
sibble-comp

I have to admit to being pretty impressed with the Concierge chat, fast and efficient, I've stopped calling in now and use the chat by default.
Old 2012-01-30, 05:16 PM   #897
Nixxo

Default Concierge Chat

I have used the concierge chat 3 or 4 times in the last few months and my longest wait time was 6 minutes. I have been impressed with the reps as well.
Old 2012-02-01, 09:16 AM   #898
cellarboy

Had a great time last night doing some troubleshooting with one of their "Gateway" telephone support fellows. I lost track of how many times he loudly coughed into his microphone, but I do clearly recall the one loud burp, probably caused by the all the fast food pop he was drinking. I could only tell this because of his continually shaking the ice in the cup and the sound of the dragging his straw in and out of the lid.

Good job he was super-knowledgeable about the Gateway. Oh no, wait. He knew dick-all.

Fantastic experience overall.
Old 2012-02-05, 03:42 PM   #899
Newb777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxo View Post
I have used the concierge chat 3 or 4 times in the last few months and my longest wait time was 6 minutes. I have been impressed with the reps as well.
Try at least an hour for me. #fail
Old 2012-02-06, 01:46 AM   #900
roopster77

Location: Sry/Cloverdale, BC Epson 8350 & 110" Screen... Shaw Gateway & 5 Portals... PS-3 & Harmony One

Used concierge chat today... clicked and the window opened... within 10 seconds I had someone online helping me... I don't use the phone anymore, this is so much better...

Tags
bill, customer service