Rovi EPG burned in - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2012-06-13, 05:02 PM   #1
ShawViewer

Default Rovi EPG burned in

First off. I am not sure which section to post this or if it will make sense to any one. I have a DVD recorder that can read the EPG info of the program title. Eg. "Two and a Half Men". I believe the EPG info is pulled from the Rovi service? Last few days I have noticed the Rovi info extends even when the program itself has ended, and it will continue to display the previous program's title name right up to the split second that the next program begins. Eg. The upcoming program is "Late Show with David Letterman", and I begin recording a few minutes before his program begins, the Rovi service will still display "Two and Half Men" in the Rovi. I don't think this is generally "service provider" specific, as this information is in the "BITC" or so I think. Anyway, the channels itself may have change their setting, but I can't find any information on the internet that mentions this. Any one notice? Needle in a haystack I know or I have a lot of free time to notice little things like this.