Bell Satellite TV Channel 1000 missing - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV PVR, HD PVR and HD Receivers

Old 2012-04-26, 08:21 PM   #1
Koota
Rookie

Default Bell Satellite TV Channel 1000 missing

Hello. I have Bell Satellite TV with an 9241 receiver. I receive all of my channels plus the PPV channels, however, I do not receive channel 1000 - the video on demand channel. I have tried all of the suggestions on this forum (ie: recycle power, etc), but nothing works. I have escalated the issue to Bell Satellite TV. They sent no less than 6 vans to my home with multiple technicians each time. They ran their battery of tests and in the end gave up. They have no idea why channel 1000 is missing. I had no energy left to pursue the issue with them.

Worst, my neighbour recently switched to Bell Satellite TV and has channel 1000 on his programming guide.

Anyone have any ideas or things to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-26, 09:11 PM   #2
scrooloose
Veteran

You don't have it locked out from your guide?

-Mike
Old 2012-04-26, 10:20 PM   #3
Koota
Rookie

Mike, thanks for replying. I wish it was as simple as that. I do not have the channel locked out. I have removed all locks.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:46 AM   #4
Costa

Call Skydish, and have them remove your receiver from your account, and then add it back once all your programming is gone. If your receiver has been swapped already, have bell deactivate your account for a bit, so you can reset the programming. Good luck!
Old 2012-04-27, 10:35 AM   #5
Koota
Rookie

Hi Costa. Yes, I have had the receiver removed from my account and re-added. Bell has swapped out the receiver 3 times alreadying thinking it was a hardware problem. I have had the receiver deactivated and reactivated from my account already, but no success.

I have also swapped out HDMI cable and made sure also the receiver is not plugged into a power bar, but has its out outlet.

The only logicial conclusion I can drive is the satellite is not broadcasting the VOD channel. Sorry, if I am not saying this in a technically proficient jargon.

Thanks for your feedback Costa.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:14 PM   #6
cradar
Rookie

I've got the same issue here but with a twist. My 9242 is not getting the on demand 1000 channels but my 9241 is. I've tried rebooting the 9242 and made sure the lock is off. No 1000 channels still. Anyone have any ideas.
Old 2012-05-12, 01:34 AM   #7
mitigator

Got them here in Winnipeg on my 9242, but since its Video On Demand or Pay Per Vu I don't plan on buying any movies for now.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:52 PM   #8
Koota
Rookie

Hi Cradar. You can try the some of the suggestions on this thread, or their are other threads on at this forum where there are other suggestions to try. To by clear, on my 9241, the channels go to 999 and then 1011. Channel 1000 does not appear which is the video on demand channel, not to be confused with Pay per channels. I really don't like the pay per view, as it does not give you the flexibility to watch movies when you want to. I would have not bothered with video on demand from Bell, but given that all of Blockbuster and most of Rodger's video rentals have come to an end, video on demand now becomes an option to watching movies. I have tried netflix, but am not impressed with the selection. I am off next weekend to get Apple TV, so I can rent movies thru iTunes.

What really bothers me, is that I know this is going to be simple fix, but Bell cannot resolve the issue. For sure at some point, an entrant will come to the market to eat Bell's lunch. Sorry for my rant.