New Mobilicity Roaming: Free Incoming texts and limited free voice calling - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Alternative Wireless Providers: Mobilicity, Public and Wind Mobile

Old 2012-04-05, 11:57 AM   #1
99gecko
Veteran

Default New Mobilicity Roaming: Free Incoming texts and limited free voice calling

According to another forum, the free incoming texts while roaming is being applied to all plans including existing customers. The free roaming minutes is for new subscriptions.
from: http://mobilicity.ca/news/133/294/Mo...new-rate-card/
Quote:
The new rate card also marks the debut of voice roaming minutes included in most of its new plans for easy and affordable flat-rate calling across North America. Free incoming text messages are now also included on all its plans while roaming.
Key additions to the new rate card
- Mobilicity’s $25 Unlimited Starter plan includes unlimited province-wide long distance and advanced calling features;

- Mobilicity’s $35 Unlimited Plus plan includes unlimited Canada-wide long distance, global text, light data (email with social networking or BlackBerry Messenger) and 15 minutes of voice roaming;

- Mobilicity’s $45 Unlimited Value plan includes unlimited data and 30 minutes of voice roaming; and

- Mobilicity’s $55 Unlimited Everything plan includes free phone protection and 60 minutes of voice roaming.
Doesn't help me because my older plan is the $40 Back-to-school plan (almost the same as $55 unlimited everything), which is $0.20 /minute voice roaming, which would give me 75 minutes roaming for the $15 difference between price plans. Nice to see them add free incoming roaming texts to existing customers however. The big three don't treat their customers that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-05, 12:59 PM   #2
recneps77
Veteran

Surprised mobilicity didn't have free incoming text until now.. I thought they were matched with wind on that. (Until the included voice minutes now)

Seems like a pointless gesture to me, though. I think most people would rather a few $ off their plan if they normally never roam.
Here they're paying for the minutes regardless (yes, "free"... OK )