Netflix stopped playing in full screen - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Internet Television: Streaming Services including Netflix and Apple TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-03-31, 03:44 PM   #1
asd

Default Netflix stopped playing in full screen

Anyone running Playon plugin for SageTV and no longer getting Netflix in full screen? I had no trouble with full screen Netflix until yesterday. There was a Playon update today but it's still not displaying full screen. All other services for Playon, llike Hulu and AMazon VOD, are behaving normally. I reinstalled everything and checked Netflix play on my PC. PC full screen works fine because I can cllick on the full screen icon but I can't with Playon/Sage, of course.

I realize there are several variables: unblock-us, SageTV plugin for Playon, besides Playon and Netflix. I suspect Netflix changed something but just a guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-03, 06:35 PM   #2
Wayne
Veteran

I have pretty much the same setup - SageTV, unblockus, Playon and a US netflix account. I saw the same thing but a Playon update appears to have fixed the problem - I have not used it extensively but my daughter watched a couple of shows last night and it looked fine.
Old 2012-04-04, 07:23 AM   #3
asd

Hi Wayne,
I discovered yet another Playon update to fix Netflix Canada and Netflix US bar on the screen issues but it creates a default audio error message in Playon. It says to reset default audio on PC but it is already defaulted to remote audio as it was before (as my server). I did a system restore and I got the sound back but the problem with Netflix remains. I sent them another note so maybe another patch shortly. At least I know where the problem lies, now.

I don't know how working people have the time to deal with this stuff. My wife is a healthy skeptic. Better than watching hockey these days.
Old 2012-04-04, 02:41 PM   #4
asd

Kudos to Playon customer support. They told me RDP was the issue with new install of Playon update; I installed it correctly and Netflix is back in working order. Of course, Amazon VOD had an update on my screen today so I hope that doesn't lead to the next problem.