Daylight Saving Time problem? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion

Old 2012-03-11, 08:04 PM   #31
silverbackman
Rookie

Default Pace and Motorola

Just a note regarding the post about Pace and Motorola units. I have a Pace unit sitting beside my portal (hooked up-i use it for picture in picture). It has the same time display as my portal.
This says to me that Shaw's "manufactures issue" is as others are saying, BS.
I too am hoping that Shaw gets there act together and makes there product(s) work better before they waste there time and our money on other things. I've had the Gateway system since Nov 2011, and it has improvedd slightly since then, but it does have a long way to go. This time issue is simply an addition to my list of issues that need to be corrected.
Unfortunately, Shaw is the lesser of all evils when it comes to cable. There are only 2 reasons I stay with them; no contracts and tech support actually here in Canada (I'm in Calgary).
Maybe if we all complain loud enough, they will give us all tablets to compensate us, ya right. (I mentioned the tablets as Telus is giving Tablets away to new customers).
Do you think I can blame Shaw for showing up an hour late to work tomorrow?
I should get something out of this

Last edited by 57; 2012-03-11 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Language
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-11, 08:50 PM   #32
MntalGiant
Rookie

Quote:
So everyone that has corrected their time on their gateway is the guide still an hour behind? Or is it now looking correct?
Guide/ Time/ All recording settings are fine after remote reset.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:00 PM   #33
mikeyb0101
Rookie

I'm in Edmonton and contacted Shaw on the chat. They also said they are working on a permanent solution and would re-set it for me as a temporary solution.

However, the first time they re-set it, the clock on it was running two minutes fast. I told them to this, so they re-set it a second time and still two minutes fast. This is both on the guide itself and the time on the front of the portal boxes.

So really now I'm in a worse position than before, at least my PVR recordings weren't going to be affected, now everything will be two minutes off until they apply the permanent fix.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:15 PM   #34
videopegger
Rookie

Default It's broken again....

Hi, from Winnipeg. Well, I should have known it was too good to be true. It's 8 p.m. Central time, and when I went to consult the Guide, I noticed that there was no 8 p.m. slot. It was then I noticed that the clock had reverted back to 7 p.m. - unbelievable! Like so many of you, I have a number of recordings set for tonight as well as throughout the week. All my portals show 7 p.m. Curiously, my spouse had set the "Good Wife" to record for 8 p.m. but the Gateway is recording it now. I just don't have the time to sit on the phone or chat to fix this tonight so we will see what happens overnight.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:18 PM   #35
silverbackman
Rookie

My Portal just corrected (minutes ago 7:14). Guide is the correct time too. Future recordings today look like they will be ok. A program that was to record @ 6:00pm looks like it recorded fine.
Funny thing is my Pace unit still reads 6:14pm.
I may try unplugging it to see if it fixes it. I'm not really concerned with it as I don't record anything on it.
My portal is 1 minute behind though, but it was before too (I just adjust my recordings to start and stop early).
Wow, only 14 hours to fix the problem. I'm glad Shaw doesn't build Heart pacemakers
Old 2012-03-11, 09:23 PM   #36
xLuther
Rookie

I just sent sternly written email about lack of proactive customer service and the fact they have made no attempt to respond with any information other than "we are working on it, don't call us we will call you",

I'm sure they will respond quickly
Old 2012-03-11, 09:41 PM   #37
dbrooks169
Rookie

Smile Fixed in Calgary

I just started to read the forum, found this issue. Just as I was reading the prior posts my Gateway updated itself. Looks like Shaw is starting to roll out a fix, well at least in Calgary they are.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:46 PM   #38
xLuther
Rookie

Just sitting watching LA / Chicago game ( in Edmonton) and my time corrected, checked my guide and it's fixed as well.

My 1st call was 7:42 this morning, must have been my sternly worded email
Old 2012-03-11, 10:00 PM   #39
videopegger
Rookie

Default Update from Winnipeg

Well, it's 8:55 Central and I just noticed that the Portal had corrected back to the proper time. It's obvious this happened since I last posted. The Guide appears to be correct and I believe this evening's recordings will be OK.
Old 2012-03-11, 10:05 PM   #40
sailorickm

Location: Calgary, AB ShawGateway & 3 Portals, Shaw 1TB Expander, Sony 3D KDL-46HX729, HTSF470, 2 BDPS580

Yep, my clock fixed itself recently too. A show set to record at 6pm recorded OK.
Old 2012-03-11, 10:13 PM   #41
rabbler

Just noticed, my time has now self corrected as well.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:13 AM   #42
mikeyb0101
Rookie

I've had a very strange experience with this daylight savings issue.

Earlier this afternoon I got Shaw to re-set my gateway, and it set it to the right hour, but it was running two minutes fast.

I called again at 9:30 and they confirmed they were seeing their Gateway running 2 minutes fast as well. It *might* be running fast if you had your Gateway re-set prior to the fix being applied.

Anyways, he re-set my box two more times, and now I'm back to being an hour behind, but the minutes are back in sync ...

So basically I'm back to square one, however he said that the fix should be automatically applied some time ... so we'll see what happens.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:54 AM   #43
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

Seems to be fixed for me now in Calgary. I noticed it was correct just after 10pm but I couldn't say just when it changed. Minutes are the same as on my 3400 and the hour is of course correct now. All of my usual recordings were made without any issues before and after the change, based on the earlier reports of when it may have actually changed.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:17 AM   #44
Arcanum

Mine has corrected as well, with one exception. It is exactly one minute behind my DCT3416 and the recordings that started this evening started just into the the beginning of the show. not a big deal when said shows have a "previously on" segment but I fear that I will miss something when one starts straight away.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:19 AM   #45
Shaw Champ

Location: AB. LG47"LE5500/Toshiba 32E200U /BDC6500/ Shaw Gateway

I woke this morning and my time on the portals were wrong too, the guide data was right time though. It fixed itself late afternoon. I did notice my series recording for a new Walking Dead didn't record as usual and was lucky to catch the repeat an hour later.