Galaxy Nexus coming to Wind Feb 3rd - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Alternative Wireless Providers: Mobilicity, Public and Wind Mobile

Old 2012-02-01, 12:55 PM   #1
spacyfoil

Default Galaxy Nexus coming to Wind Feb 3rd

Windmobile.ca says its coming out Feb 3, 2012.

$249 with Windtab+

$40 Unlimited talk, text, Data.

Bye Bye Fido.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-01, 03:53 PM   #2
james99

Since this phone is unlocked you can buy it today from anybody who is willing to sell it. I picked one up from Fido on Monday for $600. I don't like paying for a phone for a few years, rather bite the bullet up front.
Old 2012-02-01, 09:36 PM   #3
Veee

The way I see it is, I'm not losing anything by buying it on the WindTab. At best, it will save me a couple of hundred dollars. At worst, I'm paying for the full price of the phone - and that's only if I cancel my Wind account after a month.
Old 2012-02-04, 10:48 AM   #4
spacyfoil

OMG James I think you got ripped off ! The website clearly states the outright price is $599. lol

Thanks for ur help earlier regarding zones. I have two weeks before my Fido contract is up. Wondering James were you able to get anything thrown in like phone cover? Thanks.
Old 2012-02-04, 10:56 AM   #5
TorontoColin

I doubt you'll get anything free if you're buying the phone outright, especially without service, from any carrier. They don't want to sell it outright, they'd rather you sign a service agreement (tab or contract).
Old 2012-02-04, 01:32 PM   #6
james99

Nothing free but I went to 5 other stores before I found a store that was willing to sell it without a contract. Fido came through.

I'm just grateful I was able to get one. I got tired of waiting for Wind to sell it.

I'm noticing Wind now has a Family Plan that seems appealing price wise.
Old 2012-02-05, 12:32 AM   #7
carlost2

Default Galaxy Nexus

Went to the Wind kiosk at Burlington Mall and he refused selling the phone to me since it was only for new activations. Went to Limeridge Mall later in the day and they sold me the phone no questions asked.
Old 2012-02-07, 02:39 PM   #8
spacyfoil

So went to store in Erin Mills (Mississaga) They were all out.

Unfortunately my Fido Contract expires Feb26.

The $40 plan expires end of Feb.

I'll have 3 days to find a phone and to get on Tab +

Btw, the Bell Store was selling it for $649. No wonder its all out at Wind for $599.
Old 2012-03-15, 01:14 AM   #9
saqeeb90
Rookie

Default google nexus

hi guys can any one can tell me if google nexus is unlocked by default ( i mean factory unlocked )
the reason i am asking is i am with wind at the moment and i got lg optimux 2x with one year plan , i paid off the remaining balance on wind tab
now i am looking for an extra phone that i can use when i am travelling so i don't have to pay roaming charges with wind..
can any one tell me if i buy a phone from wind (google nexus) on windtab plus, do i need to get an additional plan
or can i keep my plan
and use that phone with koodo~
can any one tell me google nexus from wind will work with koodo with full internet or not ??
right now i am using lg optimus 2x (wind phone) on rogers, but i only get 2g internet speed and signal are not as good
Old 2012-03-15, 01:33 AM   #10
TorontoColin

The Galaxy Nexus will do everything you want. The Nexus S will not. Whether you can get a new tab on your current plan depends on the plan.