Fibe TV 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-17, 07:55 AM   #31
upsdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boavista View Post
Scooter62 rtp,fptv and globo is only 15 for all three. Sporttv is a little more pricey but worth it if u want all the soccer games. I believe fibes the only one with sporttv in canada except that nexttv thinggy
Yeah Bell Fibe TV is the only carrier that carries Sport TV, nextv carries it but its a pain, you need to rent or purchase a receiver from them, then it just uses up your bandwith for the month, Bell should reduce the price of it, also there is another channel that was launched in Canada by Ethnic Group Channels and it currently being offered by nextv and I believe rogers will be intorducing it soon, according to what the CSR told me, it is called RBTI and it is a Brazilian Channel, so hopefully we can get enough people to call bell Fibe TV and request the channel, Ethnic Group Channels has already sent the proposal to Bell Fibe TV, so it is a matter of waiting to see if Bell will carry this channel.. I have to admit, I love my portuguese / Brasilian channels, so the more we have the more choices we will have to watch different channels. So please give Bell Fibe TV a call and request RBTI..

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2012-04-18 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Moved from GTA rollout thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-17, 08:58 AM   #32
scooter62

BoaVista, UPSDriver:

Thanks for the posts and information; very interesting !
I had never heard of Nextv and their Portuguese offerings; what kind of service is this ? Have they been around for awhile ?

Took a quick look at their website and Portuguese offerings; looks kind of pricey compared to Bell at $15 for the 3 channels, as Boavista pointed out (Though the Sports channel appears to be cheaper than Bell at $19.99); we were mostly looking for RTP and TV Globo. I am not a soccer fan, but I have many Portuguese friends who are and I know they would definitely be interested in the Sports/Soccer channel.

Will call Bell Fibe TV and request RBTI :-)

Scooter62
Old 2012-04-17, 09:07 AM   #33
upsdriver

Hey Scooter62,
Yeah Fibe TV is good with the pricing for the Portuguese Combo, can't go worng with $15 a month, Nextv is operated through Ethnic Channels Group and they basically offer every International Channel under the sun, Actually the majority of the channels we get through Bell or Rogers are distributed through the Ethnic Channels Group, they are located in the Finch and Dufferin area, on Alness Road. yeah they can get pricey with their Channels, but i believe that would work more for people like my mom who does not speak english and does not need all the TV channels offered by Bell or Rogers and just wants to watch programs from Portugal, then she would just be getting that through a receiver that is rented or purchased and connects to your existing internet modem, and that is it, then they would just be watching only the channels from their home town...

Hopefully there will be more channels added to our Portuguese list, as we have many but only have access to very few, look at the south asian community, they have like over 30 channels available, thats crazy.. lol

UPSDriver

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2012-04-17 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed. Please don't quote the immediately preceeding post.
Old 2012-04-17, 09:21 AM   #34
scooter62

UPSDriver:

Thanks for the update and info; didn't even know it existed ! All I know is that I have waited for years for Bell to add the Portuguese channels to their satellite offering....and I am still waiting

This is the main reason for me switching to Bell Fibe TV (that and the fact I was getting bored with their satellite stuff )

Thanks again !

Scooter62
Old 2012-04-25, 03:24 PM   #35
MrWaxx
Rookie

Default Fibe 50 bundle Promo - Quebec Only?

Looked through many posts in the FibeTV thread and did not see this offer.

About 2 weeks ago I signed up for the Fibe trio bundle and IMO a pretty good deal. I know they are rolling out FTTH in the Montreal/Laval area so I assume you must be in the area to take advantage of the offer.

Important note: There is a $49.95 one time installation fee.

This is what I ordered but you can add/subtract features to phone and TV)

Fibe 50 internet = $39.95 ongoing as long as you keep TV and Phone service ($84.95 less $40 ongoing launch credit less $5 bundle discount)
Fibe Home Lite = $14.95 for 6 months ($27.32 less $7.37 promo credit less $5 bundle discount) and $22.32 / mth thereafter.
Fibe TV ņ la carte 15 = $25.17 for 6 months ($48 plus $0.57 LPIF less $13.40 TV credit less $10 bundle discount) and $38.57 / mth thereafter. Also, this includes one free PVR (yours to keep after 36 mths).

Along with the above services, I ordered a 2nd HD receiver for $5.53 / mth.

Total monthly cost

Install fee = $49.95
Month 1 to 6 = $85.60
Month 7 to 36 = $106.37
Month 37 + = $100.84 (2nd HD receiver paid off)

So far everything works great. Ran some tests with 3 HD and 1 SD streams recording simultaneously and still hit the 50 mbps on speedtests.

Here is the link for full details:

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV/Promotion...les_offers.tab
Old 2012-04-25, 04:16 PM   #36
WestAust

That promotion is targeted specifically and only to Quebec city residences, Internet speed are capped at 25mb in Montreal, as they are deploying FTTN and not FTTH
Old 2012-04-25, 05:10 PM   #37
MrWaxx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestAust View Post
That promotion is targeted specifically and only to Quebec city residences, Internet speed are capped at 25mb in Montreal, as they are deploying FTTN and not FTTH
It started in Quebec City, but I'm located in Laval (just north of Montreal) and received the promo a few weeks ago. Actually they are pushing pretty hard in my area. They have salespeople going door to door...

And it is FTTH in my area, YMMV I guess.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:16 AM   #38
rogue17

Yes that is a very good deal. No way you could get that with Videotron.Looks like Bell is being very aggressive. If they can roll out more FTTH. FTTN slows down internet speed.
Old 2012-04-26, 11:43 AM   #39
WestAust

Wasn't aware they were now deploying in Laval as well, good news for those of you living there!

But yeah, that's a really good deal
Old 2012-04-26, 12:32 PM   #40
Gary320

Just noticed that I have this HD A La Carte 30 – Basic + Choice of 30 a la Carte + 4 HD Theme Packs –

What exactly is 4 HD Theme Packs?

Nevermind. Figured it out.. I have a choice of one of the HD Theme Packs listed in the link below.
http://fibetv.bell.ca/global/resourc...e-tv-qc-en.pdf

Pretty neat, will save up on atleast 3 channels in my a-la-carte.

Last edited by Gary320; 2012-04-26 at 02:30 PM.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:29 PM   #41
Hertz

I live on the south shore of Quebec City and I am thinking about subscribing to Fibe TV. (Well, itís not available yet, but the technicians pass the cable a few months ago so I guess it shouldnít be long before itís available.)

But I have few questions regarding programing packages.
1. In the ďLa BaseĒ section I can see that the American networks are available in HD. Do I have to pick them in SD in the ŗ la carte section in order to get them in HD? And if not, why would I pick them in SD if I have an HD TV?

2. When I look at the brochure, in the ŗ la carte section, does the channels surrounded together (like RDS RDS HD RDS2 and RDS2 HD) count for one or for four channels?

3. Does TSN and TSN2 in SD are in 4:3 or 16:9.

4. For the Internet I currently subscribe to Bell Essential Plus and somehow, Iím allowed to download for 20 GB. If I subscribe to Fibe TV will it get too slow? Could they possibly drop back my internet usage to the now proposed 5GB? I use 12 Gb per mouth and I donít care for the speed so I donít see why I would switch to Fibe 7.

5. Can I get Speed, Golf Channel and BBC World News; they are not in the ŗ la carte section?

6. If the Nordiques come back will it be easy to switch one channel for TVA sport or should I pick it right away.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:18 AM   #42
FlameMoth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
I live on the south shore of Quebec City and I am thinking about subscribing to Fibe TV. (Well, itís not available yet, but the technicians pass the cable a few months ago so I guess it shouldnít be long before itís available.)

But I have few questions regarding programing packages.
1. In the ďLa BaseĒ section I can see that the American networks are available in HD. Do I have to pick them in SD in the ŗ la carte section in order to get them in HD? And if not, why would I pick them in SD if I have an HD TV?

2. When I look at the brochure, in the ŗ la carte section, does the channels surrounded together (like RDS RDS HD RDS2 and RDS2 HD) count for one or for four channels?

3. Does TSN and TSN2 in SD are in 4:3 or 16:9.

4. For the Internet I currently subscribe to Bell Essential Plus and somehow, Iím allowed to download for 20 GB. If I subscribe to Fibe TV will it get too slow? Could they possibly drop back my internet usage to the now proposed 5GB? I use 12 Gb per mouth and I donít care for the speed so I donít see why I would switch to Fibe 7.

5. Can I get Speed, Golf Channel and BBC World News; they are not in the ŗ la carte section?

6. If the Nordiques come back will it be easy to switch one channel for TVA sport or should I pick it right away.
1. You do not have to pick them. The only real reason I would see to pick them is if you're planning on watching or recording more than 3 HD channels at the same time and want to use one of them as your fourth SD channel, but I don't know why you'd do that with most of the shows available on demand.

2. They count for 1.

3. They are 4:3.

4. You need a Fibe package. The internet and TV share the same Fibe modem / router.

5. Golf and BBC World News are available in the Favourites package, which you would need to add on. Speed is only available if you take the expensive Best of the Best package.

6. Yes you can call them anytime and they can switch your channels within 5 minutes.
Old 2012-04-27, 08:01 AM   #43
Gary320

@FlameMoth,

the only way to change channels for Fibe A LA CARTE is by calling? If so, that's a step back from Videotron where you could do it online or on your receiver.
Old 2012-04-27, 09:06 AM   #44
Bestman

4. You get Golf Channel SD with the Favorites package. You need the "More HD Sports" package @5$ to get Golf Channel in HD.
Old 2012-04-27, 10:36 AM   #45
Hertz

Thank you all for your answers, i guess this morning i'm less anxious to switch to Fibe.

I already have TSN boxed in 4:3 and I feel like i'm missing a third of the action. I will not pay to get it in HD, to me, it's a fraud.

Are you sure about the internet? Because in the legal offer they say (http://fibetv.bell.ca/fr/legal/) :

"Requiert un abonnement ŗ Bell Internet Fibe (7, 10 ou 16+) ou Essentiel Plus."

My problem is that when I subscire to Bell Essentiel Plus the download limit was 20 GB. Since then Bell have drop the dowload limit to 5GB. I can't go back to 5GB and I can't afford Fibe 7. So I don't want them to touch at my Internet Package.
Closed Thread