CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Code update to iS2 & iS2+ - Page 90 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion > Shaw Gateway

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-20, 01:39 AM   #1336
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

That's a pretty bold prediction, Flash604, given it isn't something that is even being tested yet. Have you been polishing your crystal ball again?
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-20, 02:56 PM   #1337
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

Got home last night to find the last 26 minutes of Grey's Anatomy had recorded but not the first half. I had time to set up a later recording so all was good. Funny thing is though, while that was recording, it looked like it had quit recording at about the point where the first recording had begun in the middle of the hour. All very strange but in the end, the entire second recording did complete and we were able to watch the entire episode.

Now, this discovery came after the better half had tried turning on two of our TVs with no joy on either. Both said they couldn't connect to the Gateway. Once I did a power cycle on everything, they returned to normal operation. A short time later I got a 'needs to restart for software update, now or later' message. I guess this was the 'bump' I had been told about and mentioned here earlier this week. I believe it was another modem update as there are still no changes to the version numbers yet for Portal or Gateway codes.
Old 2012-04-20, 03:18 PM   #1338
GamerGuy

I had the same thing happen yesterday but I did not get the message.

I was watching TV and it just "blinked out". I power cycled both the Gateway and Portal, twice with no luck. As I was in chat with Shaw, and it just came back after sitting there for some time.

I have since noticed one of my 30 minute shows, only recorded 15 minutes. I haven't actually checked to see if any others were effected.
Old 2012-04-20, 03:31 PM   #1339
dimensionzero
Rookie

I had a slightly similar problem last night with one of my portals. While making dinner, the portal just restarted itself without warning. The recording that was going on at the time continued so the Gateway wasn't affected.

This is the first time that's happened to me so I'll just keep an eye on it for now, it was just weird because later on, a few hours later, it restarted again. Same thing, without warning...
Old 2012-04-21, 05:36 PM   #1340
RobBob

If anything the system has become even more unstable in the last week.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:52 PM   #1341
Jetranger
Veteran

Which hopefully will start improving next week. This has been a long time coming so it better be good. That's all I've got left to say about it at this point other than it really hasn't been a surprise that it hasn't happened when it was suggested it would. I'm still hopeful there will be those 'regular' updates to follow, at about 6 week intervals but, as always, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 2012-04-21, 08:53 PM   #1342
TechGuy8

At this point, I will be happy if next week update will fix the frequent reboot, faster response on those basic PVR functions - change channel, forward/rewind etc.
Old 2012-04-22, 02:30 AM   #1343
aborro

Since the minor update on Thursday morning, I am now receiving a "This channel is not currently being broadcast, or there is a problem with receiving a signal..." on random channels. I have contacted Shaw twice, Gateway and Portals have been reset multiple times without any resolution. I have verified that all cable connections to the Gateway are secure. They are sending out a Technician on May 8. This is my first major issue with the Gateway since purchasing it.
Old 2012-04-22, 02:23 PM   #1344
RobBob

Lately, the Gateway has been "forgetting" to record programs in a series even though the show is not a repeat. Other times I seem to get only the last half hour of a scheduled recording.
Old 2012-04-22, 02:34 PM   #1345
macuis
Rookie

Noticed the guide was off by 2 hours this morning. Showed the Penguins vs Flyer's game was to start at 1 pm instead of 11 am...
Old 2012-04-22, 03:27 PM   #1346
Cio-Pao
Rookie

Location: Calgary, AB | Samsung TV's | Gateway with 6 portals

On thursday morning (I think after the minor update) all my 6 portals were showing "no gateway found" but it all came back after power cycling the whole system. I have no problem power cycling the system once a while but I had to do it again on Friday and today...this is the first time I experience this issue for few days. My gateway has been stable since July when it was first installed. It looks like the said minor update last thursday made my system unstable. I'm really hoping to get the new update (7.0.1b.17) this coming thursday.
Old 2012-04-22, 08:04 PM   #1347
Jetranger
Veteran

The system clearly has been made more unstable by whatever the 'updates' have been. I'm trying to watch 'live' tv and it keeps freezing, requiring me to press 'pause' then play again to get the program to resume. This has happened 3 times in the last hour and a half. Very odd.
Old 2012-04-22, 08:57 PM   #1348
Gord Lacey
Veteran

Will this be the week? Cross your fingers... (and wait for Jetranger's inside info post )
Old 2012-04-22, 10:36 PM   #1349
Reboot

Location: Chilliwack Mountain, Shaw Gateway & 3 Portals, Samsung UN60D8000, BenQ HDDLP, Denon AVR-1712

I've been getting pixilation that I haven't seen in months as well as screen freezing noted by Jetranger!
Old 2012-04-22, 10:55 PM   #1350
JasonB

Anyone seeing a problem where MC on demand is not showing up on the portals (even though it works on the 3400)?
Closed Thread