CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Code update to iS2 & iS2+ - Page 85 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion > Shaw Gateway

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-09, 11:16 PM   #1261
e 350 coupe
Rookie

Golf

Trying going into your channel set up and clicking on all channels. For some reason when you have channels de-selected, other for absolutely no reason come and go.

Arris feels that de-selecting upwards of up to 100 channels will cause erratic behavior with the guide, and Shaw feels that deleting more then 30 channels from the guide causes the same erratic behavior.

All I know is I tried everything, even adding 10 extra channels to either end of my guide and then came and went for no reason. Now that I have checked all channels, and none are removed, it works perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-10, 11:13 AM   #1262
dabell

I have found a number of series recordings are keeping 10 episodes - despite being set to only keep 5. Verified the settings as well. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 2012-04-10, 05:06 PM   #1263
sixpac

Under my pvr recordings I have a series of 65 Simpsons episodes.

I select the series, hit the clear button. Gateway confirms I want to delete series and I select Yes.

I get:

Server did not respond. (close).

This is just after I power cycled the gateway.
Old 2012-04-10, 05:20 PM   #1264
dabell

Shaw not much help about the series for me - only suggestion at the end was to reboot gateway. They also suggested changing the number to keep to "4" - too bad 1,3,5,10 are the options - maybe they need a little more awareness with the systems.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:16 PM   #1265
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

There is a well documented issue of not being able to delete more than about 40 recordings all at the same time in any given folder. You have to manually delete each recording until you get to 40 or less.

No idea why there would be more recordings being kept than what you have set but better more than less, I would think.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:35 PM   #1266
sixpac

Thanks Jet.. I had to bring it down to 36 items for it to allow me to delete the entire folder.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:46 PM   #1267
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

Thanks for posting the exact number. I couldn't remember it exactly so it's good to have it posted again. With any luck, this might be corrected in the update that is due later this week. There are two separate updates being released; one for the Gateways and one for the Portals a few days later.

I'm going to be out of town when the Gateway one is supposed to take effect but hope to get home to find it working better.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:53 PM   #1268
sailorickm

Location: Calgary, AB ShawGateway & 3 Portals, Shaw 1TB Expander, Sony 3D KDL-46HX729, HTSF470, 2 BDPS580

Is early Thursday morning a good guess for the first update? ;-)
Old 2012-04-10, 07:54 PM   #1269
Jetranger
Veteran

The number '12' does come to mind since it seems to line up nicely with the weekly 'reset'.
Old 2012-04-10, 08:42 PM   #1270
sixpac

Will we be prompted to do the updates once they download or are they silent installs on the portal and gw?
Old 2012-04-10, 08:59 PM   #1271
Jetranger
Veteran

As usual, if you are watching while the system is 'updated', you will be asked if you want to complete the update. If you are not watching and there are no recordings programmed, it should eventually update itself. It all depends on just when the update is pushed out to your particular box. Shaw has many, many of these systems out there now so it is definitely conceivable some will see the message to 'update'. No need to panic, either allow it then or postpone it until later. I'd suggest getting it over with, sooner than later.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:02 PM   #1272
Jetranger
Veteran

One really cool thing in this update is a more user friendly 'dashboard' that lets you see the software status of your equipment and perform updates all from the Portal you are accessing from rather than having to go to each one. This may not be part of the Gateway update but rather the Portal one so don't get excited if you don't see it right away. With any luck, it will be part of the Gateway code and we should see it at the end of the week.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:25 PM   #1273
Gord Lacey
Veteran

Jetranger, I hope you're right about the code update this week (and remember folks, if he's not right, he was just given bad info).
Old 2012-04-10, 10:38 PM   #1274
Jetranger
Veteran

Thanks for having my back, Gord. I checked late last week and it's still supposed to be happening but, as always, anything can happen. Let's all hope the info I got was 'good'.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:16 AM   #1275
LD500

Default How do I record the hockey game?

Sorry for not being able to spend more time searching this topic tonight. Normally I search and find the answers but time is tight.

Want to record the Canucks game tomorrow night and it's not listed in the guide yet.
Can't find out how to set a manual recording time from 7:30pm to 11pm.
If I just choose the show in that timeslot I can only extend by 90 minutes. I guess I could record all the shows starting at 7:30pm but that would likely give me a hockey game split up in 4 or 5 segments.

How do I setup a manual recording?

And, is anyone else as frustrated as me on this Arris gateway?
They seemed to make the guide beautiful but lacks function, and there's so many bugs still !!!
Just venting.

Thanks!
Closed Thread