SYTYCD Canada Cancelled for Season 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2011-09-13, 05:13 PM   #1
magnet

Default SYTYCD Canada Cancelled for Season 5

Although, I usually left the room to watch sports, Mrs. Magnet is going to be sad to find out So You Think You can Dance Canada has been cancelled by CTV
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1053064
Quote:
The show had high production costs with auditions across the country and live performances.
IMHO, the judges took away from the broadcast and Leah Miller's face looked like it was melting on live tv.
Advertisement

Old 2011-09-13, 10:40 PM   #2
s40

One of the biggest problems was that it wasn't in HD. A show like that needs the hd to show it off, with the costumes and the intricate dance moves at times.
Old 2011-09-13, 11:26 PM   #3
rgto

Location: Ottawa, ON; Shaw Direct HDPVR630/DSR505; Samsung HLT5687; Harmon/Kardon AVR247; Harmon/Kardon HKTS11

Well, they weren't going to go HD if they were looking to cut budgets.

I thought the biggest issue with the show is Tre and Jean Marc. I couldn't stand those two anymore. And as well, the judges never really critiqued this season and would generally gloss over the dancers mistakes.
Old 2011-09-14, 11:59 PM   #4
s40

My other problem this year was running the US version slightly ahead but at the same time as the Canadian version. Overdose. I think they were trying to kill the show and what better way to do it than overdose the viewers. If it had high ratings they would have had to continue the show. Why they couldn't run the show earlier in the summer, and leave the US version to later summer I don't know unless they were trying to kill it.