BlueAnt Wireless introduces a Bluetooth headset for the fashion forward - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Digital Industry Forums > Internet, Landline and Wireless Phone

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2010-11-29, 12:18 PM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default BlueAnt Wireless introduces a Bluetooth headset for the fashion forward

BlueAnt Wireless, an Australian based company which specializes in Bluetooth peripheral devices, today announced its Q2 Platinum Bluetooth headset which it describes as a "fashion-forward" addition to its product line-up.

from their press release

Quote:
This latest addition to the best-selling BlueAnt Q2 Smart Bluetooth Headset family features advanced voice-control technology and the first fully integrated text-to-speech feature. The Q2 Platinum delivers complete hands-free communications, as consumers only have to say "Phone Commands" to activate the headset and make a call. Answering calls is equally easy, as mobile users simply say "Answer" or "Ignore." The Q2 Platinum also supports BlueAnt's "Caller Name Announce" feature that reads the names of incoming callers from a database of up to 2,000 mobile phone contacts, which are transferred automatically when the phone and headset are paired.

Another standard feature on the Q2 Platinum is a free, downloadable Android™ application that enables any Android 2.0+ handset to play text messages through the headset. BlueAnt also has partnered with Vlingo on its SafeReader application, which enables consumers to hear text and email messages on Blackberry smartphones and Android 2.0+ devices equipped with any Q2 family headset. The Q2 Platinum comes equipped with A2DP audio streaming and multipoint functionality.
Advertisement

Old 2010-11-29, 12:19 PM   #2
hugh
Member #1

While I wonder how a Bluetooth headset in your ear can ever be considered stylish, I have had the opportunity to test out four BlueAnt units in the past and do find them to be excellent products. I currently use a BlueAnt HandsFree unit in my car and recommend it.
Old 2010-11-29, 02:16 PM   #3
TorontoColin

Maybe the Bay street trader types are much more self-conscious than we think...
Old 2010-12-01, 09:36 AM   #4
jshel101
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
I currently use a BlueAnt HandsFree unit in my car and recommend it.
Which BlueAnt handsfree unit do you use? I am looking to get one for my car before the cell phone ban in Alberta kicks in next spring.
Old 2010-12-01, 10:49 AM   #5
hugh
Member #1

I use the S4. I have a few minor quibbles with it but overall I have found it to be an excellent device.
Old 2010-12-02, 11:34 AM   #6
jshel101
Veteran

Thanks Hugh, I think I might pick that one up