Challenge with my Samsung DLP turning off - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > HDTV: High Definition Television including LCD and Plasma

Old 2010-07-20, 02:02 PM   #1
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400
Default Challenge with my Samsung DLP turning off

I have a 4 year old Samsung DLP that is now out of warranty and now has starting having the following issue. When it turns on the video and audio work perfectly fine for about 20 seconds and then it shuts itself off. I called Samsung and they do not believe it would be the bulb as it's working fine for the first 20 seconds. When it turns off it flashes TEMP and LAMP in green on the front and Standby in red.
I'm suspecting it may be something overheating and shutting off. Any thoughts?
Advertisement

Old 2010-07-20, 02:20 PM   #2
jayoldschool
Veteran

Failed cooling fan? I know my Sammy LED DLP has a bunch of fans...
jayoldschool is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2010-07-21, 01:21 PM   #3
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400

I had a look at the fans when i took everything apart and the fans are running. After the 20 seconds or so the bulb itself goes out and it appears that the fans continue to run. Could it be that the bulb is just heating up to a certain temp and once at that temp something is losing contact in the lamp? I just was hoping to avoid buying a new bulb only to find out that was not the problem and be out an extra $200 when i could have just put that towards a new TV.

Tags
dlp, samsung

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.