Shaw Cable rant thread, Leaving Shaw, etc - Page 57 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2012-04-20, 01:20 PM   #841
shawsean

@Gamerguy - feel free to contact me(pm) and I'll do my best to get this situation resolved and hopefully alleviate some of your frustrations. I do apologize for the experience you've had.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-20, 01:28 PM   #842
GamerGuy

Thank you shawsean.

I have since put a request in for a manager to call back within the next 48hrs. I'd happily discuss it with you though if you still wish to tackle it? It's up to you.

Cheers
Old 2012-04-20, 01:45 PM   #843
shawsean

For sure, just pm me with your account details and the best time to reach you at.
Old 2012-04-23, 04:50 AM   #844
ShawnB

My shaw cable started to axt funny tonight, started around 7pm and proceded to ruin every recording i had set up from then untill 10pm
This is after picture and sound drop outs daily, stuttering picture and just crappy service. Last time i had a tech out they increased the signal but said they couldn't do more, this was months ago yet the problem still continues.

Going to demand another tech comes out to fix this once and for all if not anyone know where i can sell my gateway and 2 portals?
Old 2012-04-23, 11:36 AM   #845
Zod

They're raising personal tv? I guess it makes sense because it's 25.90/month instead of the 39.99/month for basic.

I don't know. It seems they didn't make as much money in the last quarter because they started to offer some competitive deals. Their solution is to raise all the prices?

I know telus doesn't offer nearly as fast interent, but how many people need bb50. Telus is going to start to look alot more attractice to people who can easily do their websurfing on a 15mbps connection.
Old 2012-04-23, 06:45 PM   #846
mike70sk

I don't think the raise make sense basic cable incudes many digital channels that you would have to spend a fortune in theme packs to get them back. Also basic cable come with HD basic and it has more hd channels then personal tv.

Also how can a raise in the package that has only been around a few months make sense They should have priced it from the start.
Old 2012-04-23, 06:48 PM   #847
DennyCrane

^ Agreed. Personal TV doesn't even compare to Basic cable. Less channels, and HD Plus is only $17 on Basic whereas Best of HD is $35 on the Personalizer plan.
Old 2012-04-24, 08:04 AM   #848
ShawnB

So i go into the shaw friends chat, discribe the problems i'm having
Gateway losing signal reboots it self randomly, losing signal to other portals, sound and picture drop outs, picture stuttering and more and ask that i can have a tech sent out but the rep won't help me just passes me along to calling the call center.
So i let him know that if i wanted to wait an hour to get help i would of called but all i want is a tech sent out, if this is so difficult then make it my anual visit i do get one of those, but at this point the rep refuses to respond so i just want to say a big thank you to shaw you made my experiance such a great time and really show what great custumor service you provide.

Why is it so hard to have a tech sent out? that's all i wanted but of course shaw has to go out of it's way to piss me off.
Old 2012-04-24, 10:37 AM   #849
jshel101
Veteran

You must have gotten one of the bad CSR's. I have had the CSR book appointments with Techs though the concierge chat.
Old 2012-04-24, 01:19 PM   #850
GamerGuy

I pretty much use CC solely now. I've yet to have someone refuse to set up an appointment. Of which I have had 3 within the last 4 weeks.

Over all, my experience with customer service has been pretty decent. I haven't always liked the answer but it's the company policy or practices I have issues with, not the person on the other end of the phone/chat. I try and make it clear, when I am noticeably angry, it is "the system" I am angry with not them. They are always polite and reply "I understand".

I've spoken with 2 managers in the last month or so and both times I was left satisfied at the end of the conversation.
Old 2012-04-25, 01:05 PM   #851
stationg

Angry Guide info wrong alot!

Ugh I hate when the guide is wrong especially for LIVE sporting events!!! It happens way too much.

I was looking forward in watching an afternoon MLB game Angels and Rays which shows in the guide.

Extremely annyoing. It happens alot.
Old 2012-04-26, 12:15 AM   #852
Rock1

Back after several month hiatus-
Looking at signing up for Shaw again because:
I switched to Telus on Sept. 30 2011 after Shaw's poor CS. I took a 1 year deal on the TV ptn. with 6 months discounts, got the rep to detail it with prices and signed up. Just got my bill. While I expected higher rates as in month 7- Telus has overbilled me by over $60 Tel supposed to be $25 charging $29.68 Internet $44 Charging $52.71 TV Your Pick HD pkg w/HD $78 1 year term charged $114. I'll be calling to see what the deal is. May have to pay the $10 per month penalty and go back to Shaw. This is terrible. Telus needs to read their agreement.
Old 2012-04-26, 11:12 AM   #853
Zod

Telus (like shaw) charges a month in advance. Are you sure you aren't paying for the remainder of the month you're in and the following month?
Old 2012-04-26, 11:23 AM   #854
Rock1

OK- maybe a bit too quick to criticize. I called Telus who advised me some credits came off the top and added on this month- reason why 29.68 instead of 25 and 52.71 instead of 44. They also said because of pkg. there was an error of almost $30 which they credited back to me. So I understand now but it is confusing. We went through next months bill based on what I have and we matched so all good. End result- CS excellent. Billing- mistake corrected and confusion on charges explained but misleading. - also I was too quick to criticize.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:43 AM   #855
ShawnB

After the update now have one portal that likes to reboot itself randomly.
TV screen goes blank, arris comes up then screen will pop on and off then finally show no signal before it comes back again.
This doesn't happen to then 2nd portal so has to be an issue with just the one.
My last attempt to have a tech sent out was though the shaw friends chat and they refused to send someone out just told me to call. So now i'll try again and lets hope i get some help this time