Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Sirius Boombox

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Fisherguy 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting one of these, seems they've been discontinued, all that's left is what's in the stores.
So London Drugs has it with a "Stratus 7" receiver and Visions sells it with the "Starmate 7" receiver, what's the difference and which should I get?

I called Sirius, they sure are pushy, tried selling me a receiver that comes with a 3 month subscription so I can but JUST the boombox for the same price as the whole package at the stores. VERY high pressure, they must get commission or something..?

The boombox would be handy for our camping trips, the receiver I could use in my 2006 truck that doesn't have it built in, and I guess I could hook it up at home to my receiver too..?

Any advice for someone just getting into satellite radio? Subscriptions are not really cheap, $22 a month for the full meal deal, including web radio I guess..?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
No one has any advice for someone thinking of getting Sirius for the first time?

My bud has Sirius in his truck, HE calls them and is offered the boom box with the Star Mate 7 for $99 and 9.99 a month for 3 months if he signs up for a 2 year term, what's with their pricing? Seems to depend on which agent you get when you call in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.