Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Rural cell coverage -

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dawks 
#1 ·
Some family friends have a farm out in south-central Saskatchewan and cannot get coverage on their Rogers phones. They live on the west coast and travel regularly to the farm.

I can't remember if it is Bell or Telus that has an agreement with Sasktel for roaming coverage out in the more rural areas, does anyone here know? They'd like to get phones that will work out at the farm. (Yes there is coverage at the farm, just not their Rogers phones.)

Thanks.

#10 ·
Rogers runs their own network in Saskatchewan (which sucks, 3G coverage only in Regina/Stoon, EDGE everywhere else).

Bell/Telus (pretty much same company as far as mobility is concerned?) were smart enough to just partner with Sasktel rather than putting up their own towers.

Sasktel is a terrible company, but I'm happy with my Bell phone service. Its much better than Rogers (horrible coverage (in SK), horrible speeds (in SK), horrible plans).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.