Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

OTA NETWORK Status: Citytv, OMNI

92K views 393 replies 102 participants last post by  rob50312 
#1 ·
#31 ·
The first week of Sept I received all the stations great. The last few days I've lost 6.1 global Paris, 13.1 CTV Kitchener and 31.1 City from Woodstock all about the same time/date. I thought too it was me but now I'm thinking it's the stations. CITY apparently is in transition to a new tower in October, Global 6.1 Paris is using an old TVO transmitter apparently and are having prblems with it and I don't know what CTV Kitcheners 13. problem is. Now that Ive found that all out I'll stop fiddling with my system for a few days and see what happens. Good luck to all.

#32 ·
Not good.

Since a few days after the transition in Scarborough, no TVO, Omni1, CityTV. What's happening? CityTV used to be the most reliable signal.

TVO and CityTV were very reliable for a few days after the transition, and now they're consistantly 'no signal', OMNI1 has never worked.

:confused:

#35 ·
I'm between Milton and Guelph. Before the switch to digital, citytv and omni1/2 were fuzzy on my tv. Omni1 was the best, then Citytv, then Omni2 (citytv and omni2 were almost/basically unwatchable). After the switch to digital, I very rarely get omni1/2 and citytv anymore, and the rare times I do get it the signal is very weak. I like these channels, so I'm looking forward to this move to the CN tower.

#41 ·
City tv

Hi
Yeah,I have been getting lots of break ups on City TV ever since the beginning of this week.Sometime the signal is completely gone for one to two minutes then come back and my signal meter is only showing 32 on my Sharp 26'' lcd.I know that they are broadcasting from the First Canadian Place until the end of October,when they will move permanently to the CN Tower.I wonder if thats the reason for the inconsistent signal.

#42 ·
I lucked out in Willowdale area. The signal has jumped from 3-4/10 to 9+/10 on CityTV since the switch to 44.1 while Omni 1/2's are about the same 8/10 to 10/10.

This part i really can't complain....BUT

#43 ·
Here we go again...

City TV is 58 minutes ahead again on the clock...What's going on ?

Not that it matters with the garbage PSIP data...but still, wrong clock is just plain unacceptable.

#46 ·
REAL program info

I have to pinch myself to see if this is real - I see real program data on CITY and Omni's PSIP. :cool: Looks like 24 hours worth.

Channel 2
Service Name: CITYTV
Provider Name:
Transport Stream ID: 17325 (0x43ad)

---------------------------------------------
Starts: 2011-09-16 16:30:00
Length: 00:30:00
EIT Source: n/a
Name: Judge Judy
Description: Owner vs. owner over a dog fight; a woman and her former hairdresser dispute an unpaid loan.

Channel 2
Service Name: OMNI 1
Provider Name:
Transport Stream ID: 17323 (0x43ab)

Starts: 2011-09-16 16:00:00
Length: 01:00:00
Name: Escrito nas Estrelas
Description: Novela conta a história de um amor impossível.

Service Name: OMNI 2
Provider Name:
Transport Stream ID: 17855 (0x45bf)

Starts: 2011-09-16 16:30:00
Length: 00:30:00
Name: Badhai Ho!
Description: n/a

#53 ·
LOL! I also think this is just an accident which will be 'fixed':)

DH is great and I hope the station engineers do read our stuff and get a good laugh (at themselves).

Now, CBC went 720p and it's such an eyesore. The quality after overscanning is terrible. Anyone reading ?:)

#50 ·
OMNI 1/2 - PQ Looking better?

Prior to the DTV Transition, when I watched shows like Law and Order:SVU, it looked like the picture was 480p or 480i source upconverted to 1080i.

I'm watching today and the picture looks a lot more like 1080i source, or maybe 720p upconverted.

Also, a lot (not all) of the 'promo graphics' for the channel (next on OMNI, etc) are a lot more crisp and sharp. As are some of their HD ads.

Anyone else notice this?

#56 ·
Also working on 31.1 (RF 31) CITY-DT Woodstock.
Letterman is a hallmark program to spot PQ difference between WIVB-HD and CFMT/Omni1.

They fuzzy image on Omni1 was so apparent before and you could spot it easily looking at the prints on the mug and the detail on the microphone.

I flipped back and forth a few times yesterday and the two channels seemed to identical.

The PSIP descriptions are different. CBS's is more useful with who's on. Well, I am not complaining LOL

Well done Omni !