Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Post Your Working XM Canada Promo Code Here

273K views 527 replies 212 participants last post by  Davage 
#1 · (Edited)
FYI:

50% off one year of service promo code OLFTA1YDU

Expires december 9

Here is Ontario is was $82.45 + $11.54 tax = $93.99. Great deal!

#186 ·
My free 3 months is up Nov 30.

They called 2 weeks ago and the best offer was 120.

So I hung up.

Last night, another call. Same deal 9.95 per month.
I stopped the CSR and said 79.96 is the deal I'm looking for.
She had to talk to the supervisor.

Done deal - no coupon code.

#187 ·
just got $30 for 6 months... i'm renewal on the 17 so i called to cancel...
started at 160$ a year... then offered what i paid last year... $96 i said what about the 79.96 deal? he said no... i said i would just cancel then... so they offered $30 for 6 months... happy to do that....

#188 ·
Just tried calling and using the code.. no go, since my radio isn't "authorized" for that promo code.

It seems it's for new car radios.

Does anyone have a working code for renewal? If I can't find one that brings it close to this deal, I'll just cancel this year. I honestly can say I'm not sure I get my monies worth anyway, for a stuck-in-car radio.

#194 ·
What gets rejected online will not get rejected on the phone.

I just added another radio. I've got a primary with the U.S. system and another primary with Canada. XM Canada wanted something like (I was in shock) $30 to activate over the phone and $15 online. This was just the activation fee.

XM U.S. gave me 5 months for $20 - no activation fee.

#195 ·
You could sub for 1 month and then cancel. They will likely go below $120/yr if you cite cost as the reason. If that offer is not good enough, about a month later they usually send out a half price offer by email. Then call to cancel after the year is up to get another offer.

#198 ·
Thanks for the suggestion starchoice. I tried that but since I've never subbed they told me I don't qualify for their promos.

I actually ended up signing up online with XM US using the XMSCION03 code which is suppose to be 3 months free + free activation. So far, seems to have worked although obviously I haven't received my first bill yet ...

#202 ·
Promo worked Nov 3 2009

Used code XM-P2FG8YEG $79.96 - plus tax for 12 months

Did not work online. Called and gave it to the agent. All went well until the end of the phone call, then he told me it was not valid. I told him maybe it had expired because I bought the system a few months ago but was just activating now. I was put on hold for a minute then told all was good and got the promo!!

#203 ·
Called to cancel 6 months ago.....was give $15.00 for 3 months then it was extended to 6 months for $30.00.

It expires Friday so I called in to see if I could get it extended again...nope.

Best they would do is $112 tax in for 1 year.....so I canceled.

I guess they aren't hurting that bad.

Cheers

#204 ·
XM is working free for 2 weeks..... (ends Nov 30).

I received an email with the 6months for 4.99 a month and 12 months for 99 bux...

It was in my junk folder and I empitied so can't recall the codes. I'm sure if you call them up and ask for those prices, they might give it to you.

EDIT: this was for people with expired subs.

#212 ·
Just called to renew my plan which expires at the end of this month. Tried to use the 6 month code but was told it had expired. Told them I would renew if they could offer a similar promo.CSR said he would try to find me another valid code. After 5 min on hold he came back and confirmed that he renewed me for $5/mth for each of the next six months. After that, if I do not cancel, it goes to the regular price of $14.95.
Merry Christmas to me !
Thanks for the heads up on this code !

#207 ·
What if you do your online profile and see what credit card info they have you down for and just leave it at that, see what happens next year.

We have been through this before in that, as long as you are honestly offering your credit card as payment XM cannot refuse to take it, Cdn or not. If its VISA email them, they will freak.

#208 ·
Anyone know what my options would be come next December?
If you'd like, you can purchase XM US gift cards online and enter the codes into your XM US account; just make sure you have your billing preference set for this.

For me, and as others have indicated, my three subscriptions renew without hassle on my CDN CC so, IMHO, I would just leave it as is.

#213 ·
Called yesterday and used promo code XM-WJT1677X. She said the code was valid ($4.99/month for 6 months billed on 3 month intervals at $14.97) but it was only for inactive radios. I told her okay, should I call back when my subscription expires (in a few days) and then give the promo code on my inactive radio? Her response: yes. I then asked whether the radio auto renews and charged automatically to my credit in which case the radio would still not be inactive. Her response: yes.

OK. I just tell her to mark it for cancellation. She then needs to transfer me. Explained what happened to what seemed a more knowledgeable rep (they always seem to be, in retentions/cancellations) and he said he could arrange it right away and that I don't need to call back and he never bothered asking about any code.

Good deal - 6 months for $30. This is for a car I don't use much in the winter but would rather keep the sub active and not have to worrry about any activation fees. This will take me to the end of June.

#215 ·
I tried this code but it had expired. That said, once I was transferred to the Cancellation department, they managed to come up with an annual contract for $82.49 before taxes. I was happy with this price and we did the deal. That said, I've talked to numerous reps at XM and was shocked at how unwilling they were to negotiate at all - even after mentioning the prices being confirmed here as well as the price of a US subscription. It was nice to finally get an accomodating rep on the phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.