Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

need helps: keep draining while charging

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bbts 
#1 ·
Every time when I plugged in my Galaxy S2, the phone will still keep draining. Is it time to buy a new phone or can it still be fixed? Actually I am thinking of Galaxy S6 but haven’t used any phones without removable battery…

#4 ·
I agree. It's probably the charger or the charging circuit in the phone. I would try another charger. Some phones will accept any USB charger that supplies sufficient current. Others require a matching OEM charger. Not sure about the Galaxy S2. Prices for phone accessories are often inflated so it can pay to check online sites like eBay.

#5 ·
Look at the charging port on the phone. I am assuming it is a micro USB of some sort.
There should be what looks like a little tab centered in the port on the phone. Some times it gets bent down and the charging cable does not properly plug in. Use the plastic cap of a bic pen or a tooth pick , something none conductive, and bend tab back up to center it. Do not use a metal utensils like a screw driver it will short and fry the connector. Only use something plastic or wood. I have seen this a 3 phones , 2 LG phones and 1 Samsung mini. Yours might have the same problem. As soon as you look at it you will know.

#6 ·
Thank you for all of the replies and suggestions. I finally picked up the Galaxy S6 and it is a great buy. Also the concern of battery life was elimated. The idea to equip a cover with an additional battery for nonremovable smartphone like Galaxy S6 is good and I find this mpj is totally awesome battery cover. It really feels nice in hand. It makes the phone a bit thicker, but that's really not so bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.