Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Shaw Cable HD hardware � digital deals

82K views 181 replies 72 participants last post by  shawguy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Shaw Cable HD hardware — digital deals

During the soft launch of whole house system, Shaw also clearing out the old PVR and expander.

$50 off for 1TB Expander Now $50
http://www.shaw.ca/Television/Equipment/PVR-Expander/
$50 off for Pace DC758D Now $148
http://www.shaw.ca/Television/Equipment/PVR-Ready-Box/

It was around $300 a few days ago for DC758D + expander. Now only $200.

Future Shop, Best Buy and Visions have lowered their price too. I guess Shaw has told the retailers to lower their price too.

#113 ·
(Seems I have no option to edit my previous post. )

+ a $50 LD Gift Certificate with the above sale.

It wasn't til the sales rep at LD mentioned it that I was made aware. The add does not state this!!

Quoting the add:

"CAD $398.00

Prices may vary from those in store and are subject to change without notice.

As Advertised
Price effective until Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bundle Includes:
• Shaw Gateway - Black - MG5225G
• Shaw Total Home Portal - Black - MP2000"

No mention of a $50 gift card. I'm pleased with the surprise though obviously.

#118 ·
Possible Gateway deal in Calgary

Some one posted this yesterday afternoon on another forum:

Shaw Gateway 50% off at the Sony store in Market mall They are closing down and all their shaw pvrs are 50% off. Picked up a gateway and 3 portals for $430!

Still about 4 gateways left and 12 portals when i left about an hour ago.

(That was posted mid afternoon yesterday)

I don't know if they have any left by now but it might be worth a call.

#122 ·
Answering my own question, I asked a Shaw CSR and he confirmed that they are an authorized reseller. Good show on getting the 10% of the difference off the price match, I completely forgot to press them on that. In the end I did go to ME in Richmond as it wasn't not too far out of my way; ME only had Gateway boxes in stock so I bought one and crossed the street to Future Shop to pick up two portals, price matched.

Shaw tech will be here tomorrow (Thursday) between 11am and 1pm; I'm impressed with the quick turn around.

#123 ·
London Drugs refurbished special

Hi,

I noticed that London Drugs is offering a good deal on a refurbished Pace box. My main question is, can it handle MPEG-4?

Here is the link:
http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures...Satellite;Satellite Systems&ProductID=5963806

I originally paid $732 including GST for my Motorola DCT3416 which only does MPEG-2 and am angry at Shaw's lack of willingness to upgrade to an MPEG-4 box at a discount. Never mind the fact that my account goes back to the days of Videotron, and QCTV for that matter. And that the account has NEVER been in arrears.

So, of course, I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

#125 ·
Seems like a lot of money for a 160G, refurbed, superceeded STB. I don't know if Shaw will ever have decent sales on STBs again but it wasn't long ago that the standard price on the 3400 was $199 and the news years sale had them available for $99 for a couple of days. The 3400 is a better STB, imo, and has a 500G drive. I would continue to use your existing 3416 and hope for a sale on a better STB or a bigger discount on the Pace refurb unit. It may not happen but I don't know how much you really want the mpeg4 capability. If you can wait, I would.

#126 ·
The words "Pace" + "refurbished" should make you run far, far away. Add to that a paltry 160GB drive and a $200 asking price, and it's cold enough to stop the recent heat wave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.