Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WBXZ 17 (56.1) Buffalo, NY - Cozi TV - April-May 2014 - Status

29K views 86 replies 16 participants last post by  stampeder 
#1 ·
Picking up signal on RF17, could it be WBXZ testing?

#2 ·
No, I haven't seen anything from RF 17 at all. Today or any other day.
WNED RF43 came back up ~ 2 PM. All back to normal.

edit: Not so fast. WNED rf 43 went back down again ~ 3:30 - 3:45 PM
And back up at 4 PM.
Wonder.. what are they up to???

#5 ·
WBXZ soon 'on-air'

From their facebook page.

WBXZ - Buffalo
23 hours ago
Waiting for a piece of equipment to arrive. Vendor sent us the wrong one. We are going to try and get a test signal up this weekend. It may be just a test pattern or a movie. We will let you know when and if it happens to give you a chance and see if you can receive us. Remember our antenna is atop the HSBC Building in downtown Buffalo so point your antenna in that direction for optimum signal. We have a concern to the north because of a tower close to our antenna which could absorb some of our signal. This may cause a dip in our signal in that direction.

#10 ·
yeah it's up this evening I see...Just noticed it when I got home from work..
In the spectrum plot below it's the one marked ~490 MHz.
The 950Q doesn't report anything higher than 27 dB SNR.

#11 ·
Not picking it up here, but it's strong enough to block out Global Paris while I'm pointing at Buffalo (Global used to always come in).

#13 ·
I am in their main coverage area, it's only a few miles to my house...
So obviously it'll work here. Global Paris Would only invade my house on occasion during ducting events.
Just 56.1 has anything on it, it's playing jack benny now. The others are a blue screen at the moment.
Glad to see they got er going. Nice signal here, but what i don't see yet is a unique TSID in their stream.
Presently the TSID is 0x0000, so may be some difficulty for some pc based applications to positively identify it as a unique Transport Stream. Maybe they haven't been assigned one yet???

#22 ·
quote from the wbxz facebook page.
Signal on the air. Temporary programming on until we are sure all the bugs are gone. Working full power right now. Let us know if you can receive us. Rescan your digital TV first.

#28 ·
WBXZ

Nothing 0 for WBXZ,so can they not feed into rf 29 antenna since they clearly not interested in actually using their spectrum.So I got nothing on rf 17 and no signal display on rf 29.

#30 ·
Nothing 0 for WBXZ
Makes sense. Your not in the coverage area. it's a low power transmitter roughly on the order of your OMNI-xx, CITY. I can't receive any of those here for the same reason.

#29 · (Edited)
WBXZ is not coming in western GTA because Industry Canada forced on a directional antenna to protect Global from Paris On which should have never been allowed since rf 17 is reserved for Buffalo with an omni pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.