Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New member need help!!!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Hi to all, I am a new member in this forum and I like to tahank any one for all the info in here, also I like to ask a few think if you have a time to answer, I own a viewsat ultra ( 2 of them) they stop to work when the satellite was move a year o so ago, My Question is: wath I need to make it work again? the dish is in position the box is there but not conected, i really like to make work again please let me know if i need to buy some thing else to star and how to connected to start see chanells again. Thanks for your help.

#4 ·
Junkee, you are wrong, I do not know much about technology, and read every single post take me a lot of time, that why I think will be better to ask direct question and get some guidance of how to do it, hugh I'm interesting in any regular tv, the most channel the better, but only if you can help, I do not like to be point as any name , I try to wach free tv, the big company charge to much and a little channel list. Thanks again for your time.

#5 ·
barbas - Which satellite is your dish pointed at? Maybe you just need to re-scan. Some channels have changed from MPEG2 to MPEG4 compression, such as the PBS channels on 125 West.

If you let us know which satellite your dish is pointed at, then we can try to offer some more suggestions of which frequencies to try scan to get your channels back.

#9 ·
The reason it stopped working is that you were stealing service from those satellite TV providers which have since then upgraded to a secure encryption system (i.e. Nagra 3) so you won't be able to do that anymore.

However, you may still use your Viewsat Ultra receivers to receive legitimate programming on FTA satellite simply by upgrading your dish to a 30 inch (75 cm) or larger dish to receive KU-band FTA channels and to a 6 ft. (180 cm) or larger dish to receive C-band FTA channels as well.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

#8 ·
The satellite is point to bell for sure, and same american dishnet? some one instal it for me years ago, and stop working when the nagra3 comes in, can I activate the box in same way? thanks.
You were using FTA hardware to illegally receive subscription programming, which is something not discussed on this forum. FTA is the legal reception of unencrypted TV channels and will not allow you to receive the same kind of programming that you would get from a subscription service like Bell or Dish Network. FTA is mainly limited to foreign broadcasters, religious networks, and PBS stations.

I agree with blueroomelectro that an Over-The-Air TV antenna might be the best way for you to receive legal free TV.

#10 ·
Don't forget NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, CW and several other good English channels as well which are listed on our channels database at http://channels.drsat.ca Although you are correct in stating that FTA is not a direct replacement to a subscription service, it acts as a very good supplement to OTA reception for people who don't wish to subscribe to a cable or satellite provider.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.