Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Euro 2012 on TSN

18K views 71 replies 32 participants last post by  MrGrinch 
#1 ·
Were getting close to the Euros! June 8th is the day it all kicks off. :D

Question: When do TSN plan on releasing the TV schedule for Euro 2012?

#2 ·
Probably within the next month. Almost all of the games will air on TSN. The only ones that will probably air on TSN2 is Ireland vs. Croatia on June 10 when TSN has the Canadian Grand Prix.

Games will run simultaneously on TSN and TSN2 from June 16-19. They probably won't decide which will air where until days before, so the best game can air on TSN.

#6 ·
We don't know that. TSN used the international feed in 2008, instead of ESPN.

I think ESPN are using Ian Darke and Adrian Healy. Not sure about co-commentators, but probably Macca and Robbie Mustoe. It sounds like they will be in Bristol calling the games off a monitor.

#8 ·
McManaman tends to downplay the severity of some of the fouls with his 'aach, that was just a little nudge, nothing malicious about it' etc. I also find his pro Liverpool, pro Man Citeh position comes through a bit too loud and clear.

However, he is nowhere near as blatent as Ray Hudson in which team he is rooting for.

#12 ·
Well two of the four live in Britain, so I'm not sure what the reason is. Macca is doing some studio work too, so it may have something to do with that.

If you think Macca is biased, try to find Sky's commentary of the Derby. Niall Quinn was worse. I prefer Macca in a studio role, but I've grown to like him more.

#21 ·
I'd be surprised if they do. They've been restricting most of their streaming to Bell Mobile TV in the last year. The Masters was an exception, but The Masters is always different.

TSN are vastly behind the times, especially in comparison to their big brother U.S. network.
They are behind ESPN but ESPN has a significant restriction on their streaming. You have to be a customer of one of the Internet providers who pay fees to ESPN.

#22 ·
Does anyone know yet whether TSN will be picking up the international feed or the American ESPN-ESPN2 feed. I ask only because whilst I have no qualms with the American ESPN commentators (all of whom are authentic - i.e. British - now), I don't want that blasted score scroll across the bottom with baseball scores, NBA news, etc. After having unadulterated EPL broadcasts on the Sportsnet channels (from the players lined up in the tunnels to half time, no score scrolls, no ads), I can't stand what TSN does with their use of ESPN2's broadcast (as with both the Manchester derby two weeks ago, and Man City-QPR yesterday).

I really, really hope that they pick up the international broadcast! ;)

#23 ·
If TSN used the ESPN commentary, it would probably be just that, the commentary. With a clean world feed with their own scorebug with Canadian sponsors.

TSN is producing their own pre/post game show coverage, as well as halftime.

They will officially release details sometime next week.

#25 ·
Encore presentations

Hi,
In the schedule on TSN/TSN2 there is no mention of encore/replay matches broadcasting. Does anyone know if there'll be any? As many are working here during the live transmissions and/or don't have a PVR, was wondering if there's a chance to see them later on in the evening.

Thanks

#30 ·
This tweet from @TSN_PR begs to differ:

"Details on TSN's digital coverage for #Euro 2012 will be announced in the coming days..."

Considering they already announced they are streaming on their mobile tv app, I doubt they would make another release unless internet streaming was happening.

#33 ·
I see ESPN has the rights so an ABC weekend afternoon match or two, perhaps?
Not this year. ABC showed a quarter final and the final in '08, but this time it's all ESPN/2. I noticed CTV will be showing one match: Denmark vs. Germany.

Tablets and smartphones are being featured in TSN's promos for the Euros. Maybe that indicates they have more plans for those platforms.

#34 ·
Really looking forward to this. Took next week off and plan to park myself in front of the couch and watch soccer. Being from Ukraine, we almost grabbed a flight over to watch some games live but just wasn't in the cards.

Don't forget that there are also a few Team Canada games in the next. They're playing June 3 (Centennial Friendly vs USA), 8 (Cuba), and 12 (Honduras) with the latter 2 being world cup qualifiers. All televised on RSN.

#36 ·
Here's Luke Wileman tweet to me

@AndyPereira1986 I don't know Andy. We're taking the UEFA world feed, so likely some of the usual guys that do the big tournaments

Commentators could be Steve Banyard,Dave Woods,John Helm & Tony Jones even Gary Bloom again like in Euro 2008

Andy Pereira
Football (Soccer) on Canadian TV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.