Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Shows won't delete

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Harryhoo 
#1 ·
I have two shows that were in the middle of recording when I lost power in my home. The power only came back on after the scheduled end time of the shows. They do not appear on the Recordings menu of the PVR, but they appear on the Remote PVR (Sling) through the website, as well as the new Bell Fibe Remote iOS app. The apps let me delete them, and it appears to work, but as soon as I refresh, they are back again.

Anybody ever have this problem? I've got other things on the PVR so I'm not sure if the recording is still there taking up space, but I'd like to get them off my list for good.

#2 ·
Try going through the menus on the PVR and choose Reset. All that does is reboot the PVR - it won't delete any recordings.

The list of recording on Bell's servers got out of sync with the recordings on the PVR. My guess is that the website is trying to delete the program, sends the command to the PVR and doesn't get a "success" status back from the PVR, so it doesn't delete it from the website list.

Maybe the reboot will resync everything.

#6 ·
Can't delete programs

I had this as well. Tried everything I could think of but nothing worked. About a month later they disappeared. No Idea why but they are now gone. I doesn't cause any problem with other recordings and doesn't take up any space, so it isn't really a major problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.