Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Brama Telecom Discussion

36K views 51 replies 33 participants last post by  raymondca 
#1 · (Edited)
They're offering pretty cheap voip lines @ $7.70/Month with 16 features and $9.90/Month with Unlimited Canadian LD. Does anyone have any experience with them?

#29 ·
Be aware with Brama telecom!
I m whith this companie for 2 years and when they sell the cie they flushe all the number that they import from Bell! I've lost the phone number that i haved for 20 years!!!
And you cant do nothing. I phone them many time and they dont call you back.
If you give your credit card number your in trouble because they continue to charge you when youre gone.

#30 ·
Hi everyone, yes i just signed up to put this message up. No, i dont work for the competition. Jusst wanted to tell my experience.
I wanted a home phone so i got brama in september.
they said my number will be ported in 3 weeks.
so i decided to send it back.
the account closed and the black box was shipped back to them the next day.
next month, they charged my credit card.
i called and confirmed that my account was closed. all they say is "ok we will note that"
4 months now. i call every week asking where my money is.
they finally called and said they are refunding now.
there was no refund after 5 days.
i called again. they said they dont have to refund me anything. there was nothing refundable.
try calling them now. it goes to a voicemail. there is no customer service to talk to. their office is far so i cant go. but i am going to the court tomorrow. do the same. its a labyrinth. you wont get your money othervise. quit as soon as you can.

#31 ·
Very bad company

My experience with Brama telecom,

I joined in September with my own VOIP router, they couldn't configure it after 3 weeks so I decided to cancel my account... as of today, they are still charging my credit card but my bank is actually taking care of it. So EVERY month, I have to call the bank to contest the charge from Brama tel.

I just don't get it, I've got an email confirmation from october that says that they know I've left, I talked to them on the phone about the fact that I left, and still, they keep charging me. Very bad service overall, poor voice communication when you try to talk to the customer service (the line they're using sounds like AM radio). Stay away from them, my best word of advice!

#32 ·
i was looking into brama myself today to replace my voipgo service... looks like another unreliable company.
can someone suggest me a good reliable company in this price range (10-15$ per month)

also i dont know if things have changed, but today i spoke to the guy at brama and he told me that there 911 service is a real service, meaning that when you call 911 you get sent directly to your local 911 call centre who receive all your information (phone # / name and adress) as opposed to being transferred to a national 911 line who then transfers you to the local 911 office. Anyone know if this is true? I ask because i used to work for the local 911 call centre and all 911 calls from voip would come through an operator who would give us the name, phone number and address of caller then transfer us the caller so i am skeptical of Brama's claim

#35 ·
Bunsen, I believe that none of the VoIP systems has direct access to 911. When you dial 911 on a VoIP phone I think that your call is taken by an answering service, which then has to ask you for all your personal details (name, address, nature of the call, etc). That info is then relayed to the actual 911 call centre for action. Anyone else able to confirm this?

#36 ·
Yes. First to the national response centre (which will hopefully already have your address). If you're in BC or Alberta, then to a Telus operator, and finally to what is hopefully the proper PSAP. Note that the NRC operator must provide your address verbally to the PSAP operator - the PSAP operator will not see it on their screen.

If you're in Ontario or Quebec, I believe the NRC can transfer directly to the PSAP without the stop off at the operator. Can anyone confirm this?

If the VoIP equipment is considered "nomadic", i.e., the user can disconnect it and move it to another location, this is what must happen. If the user forgets to update their 911 address and is routed directly to the wrong PSAP, the wrong PSAP might not have a way of transferring to the right one. The NRC does. This is according to CRTC regulations.

Unfortunately, the result is that the 98% of customers who are responsible and remember to update their addresses have to wait far too long to reach the PSAP. In my opinion, the CRTC has made things much more complicated than they need to be. I would like to see a system where VoIP 911 calls are routed immediately to the proper PSAP based on the customer-supplied address. In the unlikely event that the customer forgot to update their address, then and only then should the NRC operator get involved with the call, and transfer the caller to the correct PSAP.

If you have a cell phone, and your emergency is in the area that your cell phone is from, and you're able to tell them your address, you'll reach the PSAP more quickly by using your cell instead of your VoIP phone. They won't know where you are, but if you're able to talk, you can verbally provide them with your address just as the NRC operator would.

m.

#41 ·
Not happy

I found there service to to bad. Their service went down and had to wait until the next before anybody would look into it. I showed them the quality was bad enough you could not carry on a conversation. I showed them it was their equipment causing the problem. They have not fixed the problem and now ignore my problems.

#42 ·
Bramatelecom

I have been with Bramatelecom for 2 years now and very happy with the service. My monthly bill is under $25 and I get unlimited calling to U.S. and Canada and can also call from my cell phone and get unlisted calling to North America. At first I was having problems with the quality hearing but that was because I had a light Internet connection and not high speed from Roger's. Once I changed to high speed it was great. I also have 18 calling features. I would highly recommend this service.

#43 ·
Awful and terrible customer service of www.bramatelecom.com

I have never had never experienced such a horrible customer service ever before!! Their customer service and technical support is totally stupid, rude and unhelpful, I signed up with them last year and paid 115 dollars as a startup fee, I waited for the adapter for well over 14 days, and it took them 22(!) days to port my number, after this I have been dealing with serious billing errors right from the very first bill and they refuse to understand what they are doing wrong by providing one-time-corrections that only exacerbate things. After 2 months of this terrible experience I decide to cancel, their customer rep. was rude with me, sounded drunk and sleepy, put me on hold for more than 25 minutes and disconnected after that, I tried to call back, but after pressing 3 on the IVR I heard only that the phone was dropped, it was an expensive lesson with them. I asked for them to give me the office address to pay them a visit, but it took them more than 3 minutes to figure out where they are located. After cancelling the service, they continued to charge my card, I had to call the bank to inform about the fraudulent activity, finally I stopped them from stealing money!! My overall opinion: the worst company in the nation, possibly in the world!! Drunk, sleepy robots reading manuals from other countries ARE NOT technical support, so if you want to save your time and money stay away from them

#44 ·
I have their phone and internet for 4 months now. Here are some facts:
1. The phone did not work 8 time which caused me calling support waiting on a line speacking with their rude staff etc. Last time the phone stopped working on Dec 31 2013 and I do not expect them to fix it before Jan 2 2014 as they are saving money on 24/7 support.
Their internet speed is between 0.2 - 1.5 Mbps while sold as 15 Mbps
3. Unable to get a sound answer on any of my questions from their customer support
4. VOIP quality is below acceptable level

#45 ·
I was expecting they will call me regarding the issue first thing at the morning, but...wrong expectations. I called, talk to a guy Arthur. who was VERY rude, did not even think to apologize for the service interruption. Now I am waiting for 20 min since I called and do not have my line fixed....

#46 ·
I found this post when I was waiting for the device delivery and the installation engineer, so I held my breath... Now I've been using Brama Telecom for several weeks. Here is my opinion.
Yes, they need to improve their customer service. Nobody is answering phone call from early Friday afternoon to late Saturday afternoon. My device arrived on Friday, so I had to wait for one whole day just to get my DSL username and password. They forgot to send me the set top box for TV, so I had to wait for another week. And when the set top box arrived, it just couldn't work though I called to give them the MAC address and anything they needed. It took several days for them to figure out what the problem is and fix it. I have the impression they are short of hands.
I used to send them email to report some Internet problem, which turned out to be my software problem later, but I never got any reply. Don't email them, always call.
I'm satisfied with the ADSL, which is quite stable. The TV set top box used to freeze every time I chose a channel. But I fixed it myself by resetting it to factory setting, partly because I didn't want to call their customer service number again. Other than that, the service quality is OK technically.
I am new to Canada. I chose Brama Telecom because of its low price, which is around $70 monthly for Internet+TV+Home Phone. Once it is set up, it works OK. Just don't expect a prompt customer service when anything happens.

#49 ·
I have done so many services over the years with so many companies, really some companies don't need an ad for their business, just word of mouth from the customers that they have provided services for does it for them, this is called good reputations.

On the 30th of September, I was looking for Telephone line service provider on the web, (without making a search review about this company, I contacted them; my mistake. So, I called to inquire about their services. I never knew I was contacting the devils' kingdom.
The sale person that I spoke to, told me about the terms of the service that I will need to pay for the model up front in the amount of $39.99 plus shipping and taxes, it all come to $52.12. I was also told that it will usually take approximately 5 days to get the model in the mail, that I should be expecting the parcel in the mail by the following week. Since September 30th till mid-October. I didn’t receive the parcel from them; I decided to follow up with calls, emails. They hardly pick and when someone picks up, I was told that someone will be contacting me before the end of day. But no one ever did. I had left several messages on their website through “Submit your request”, on their phone lines several times and via email, no one ever returned call. Having left several messages, I managed to get one of the customer representatives, the same statement that I kept getting from them was that someone will be in touch with me before the end of day but no one ever did. What a Company? I had to call them to cancel the order; I left several messages on their phone lines, web site, and via email that I was no longer interested in their service that I needed my money back from them. A week later after my cancellation, I was told by them that they mailed out the parcel on the 16th of October. While I was waiting for my refund, I got an alert from my credit card for a purchase of $13.71 from BRAMA TELECOM. They charged my account again and sent a receipt for a purchase that I never placed. It is only a thief who stumbled into another person’s credit card that can keep charging the credit for a service that was never ordered and that was never provided. It's been over 5 long weeks. I am yet to receive back my money. A total charge to my credit card was $65.83. The fact that my credit card was used on their web site does not give BRAMA TELECOM the right to keep charging it. The amount may look little but, I will not stop circulating your fraudulent activities to all possible sites until I get my refund in the Mail.
No one does Business like that, I am a business person myself, I will never treat a potential customer the way BRAMA TELECOME treated me and many others. Customer can build your business and customer can destroy your business, you have chosen the hard way, I will see the end of this game.

#50 ·
Hello every one;
Be aware of this voip company Brama telecom.com, They are blood sucking, dishohest with customer and the worst company i ever seen. They charged me 5 time from my credit card in 1 month. when i call them i wait for more than 2 hours and at the end they just disconected the line. and call the next day after 20 minutes waiting. they finally pick up the line and talk to me for less than 3 minutes and hang me up. so i have to call again. So stay away from this company Bramatelecom.com

#51 ·
I call and im left waiting for 30 mins when and if they come back on they put you in hold again hang up or tell you they will call you back later they never do. I feel they stolen over 600-$700 and im still paying for phone and tv service I do not receive. im scare once I cancel ill still keep getting charge. heading to court with this. maybe a class action lawsuit. if you have been a victim msg me at cqtd77@gmail.com

#52 ·
I'm back with frustration. The Internet service was down last Friday morning. I couldn't reach their customer service by phone. On Friday I was still able to leave voice messages, to which they never replied. But from Saturday on the customer service number was simply unreachable. I understand if the wiring has problem, it might take time to restore service. But they haven't put any announcement on their website. And not answering call is hard to understand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.