Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Motorsports on the web

50K views 163 replies 8 participants last post by  buckycat 
#1 ·
With the Speed channel already gone for most Canadians, the internet is the main option to see most motorsports beyond the F1, IndyCar, and Nascar events carried by TSN and Sportsnet. Even then, indycar.com had already started freely streaming IndyCar practice sessions this year.

Less than an hour from now as I type this, the United SportsCar Championship race from Circuit of The Americas in Austin TX will be starting (at 12:30 pm eastern time) on imsa.com. Already seen yesterday were qualifying and the Continental Tire Series race.
Tonight starting at 6pm e.t. is the FIA World Endurance Championship race also from CoTA, on fiawec.com, although this year they started requiring a paid subscription. They also showed qualifying yesterday.
(Edit: The WEC race is being shown on Speed, despite not being in the TV listings I've seen. It's sort of live -- it seems to be oddly delayed by a few minutes -- and has the Fox Sports commentators instead of the ones on the webcast.)

Tomorrow starting at 5:45 am e.t. will be the Blancpain Endurance Series 1000km race from Nürburgring, hopefully available on nismo.tv as advertised. The Blancpain Sprint Series races have been available live on blancpain-gt-series.com.
The European Le Mans Series has one race remaining this year, Sunday Oct. 19 from Estoril Portugal, on europeanlemansseries.com.

The SCCA World Challenge series has ended for 2014. Their races were available live on world-challengetv.com.

As you can see, I'm mostly interested in sports car racing. Maybe others could post about availability of more motorsports on the web, particularly the type of things that used to be seen on Speedvision/Speed.

See less See more
#29 ·
VLN on now (Saturday morning April 2).
VLN Langstrecken Meisterschaft Nürburgring on Livestream
http://www.vln.de/en/live/features.html

2016 calendar of sports car racing events
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/11/14/2016-calendar-by-date.html

Canadian Lance Stroll won the first race of the FIA European F3 series this morning at the Paul Ricard circuit in Le Castellet, France.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123559

Race 2 (of 3) is scheduled for 10:45 a.m. ET.
Livestream and Livetiming | FIA F3 European Championship

It's part of the FIA World Touring Car Championship weekend at the track, although that series requires a paid subscription.
WTCC Premium TV ? FIA WTCC
http://www.circuitpaulricard.com/me.../2016 FIA WTCC Paul Ricard - Timetable V6.pdf

The 24H Series touring car event at Silverstone is about to start.
http://www.24hseries.com/live
http://livestream.com/accounts/2362362

I'm not sure if the Indy Lights race from Phoenix will be freely available later this afternoon at 4:25 p.m. ET (Or is it maybe at 3:25? I think they're on Mountain Standard Time year round).
http://racecontrol.indycar.com/
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

#30 ·
#31 ·
Hey bud! I love how you post all these links to racing available to watch online. But could you make the links available a day before. That way I can wake up early morning on Sunday instead of sleeping in. and missing some racing.

Thanks and keep up the good work! :)

#32 ·
April 15-17, 2016

April 15-17 weekend has racing at:

Long Beach - IndyCar, IMSA, World Challenge
Weekend Schedule Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach

Silverstone- FIA World Endurance Championship, European Le Mans Series
2016 FIA World Endurance Championship | Silverstone

Oschersleben - ADAC GT Masters
Rennstrecke - ADAC GT Masters - ADAC Motorsport

(I'm not sure if these following ones will have any legal live streaming.
It's almost always the websites of any racing series that will provide a live streaming link if there is one, but sometimes they make no indication of availability ahead of time and it can just appear when the race or qualifying session is about to start, perhaps because they aren't sure themselves if there will be one working.)

Aragon - Formula V8
MotorLand Aragon | Formula V8 3.5

Zolder - Supercar Challenge
New Race Festival - Supercar Challenge

-------------

As always, you can convert to your time from the track schedule local time.
Time Zone Converter ? Time Difference Calculator

RacingCalendar.net has a very extensive list of scheduled auto racing (but apparently not motorcycle racing) events around the world, although obviously not everything is available on TV or has live streaming.

#33 ·
April 22-24, 2016

April 22-24 weekend has a lot of racing, and much (but not all) of it available on TV or live streaming. Saturday and Sunday morning look to be particularly busy with events from Europe.

-Barber AL has IndyCar, Road To Indy series (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights), and World Challenge GT and GTS races.
schedule (Central Time)

-Monza - Blancpain GT (3 hour race, Tagliani entered), European GT4, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Formula Renault 2.0 NEC
schedule (6 hours ahead of North American ET)

-Paris (6 hours ahead of North American ET) - Formula E (delayed FSR TV airing shown on Saturday evening)

-Hungaroring - FIA WTCC, Formula V8 3.5, FIA F3 Europe

-Estoril - International GT Open, Euro Formula Open, Radical European Masters
schedule (5 hours ahead of North American ET)

-Le Mans Bugatti - V de V

-Valencia - Nascar Euro Series

#34 ·
Some events that might have live streaming for the April 29 to May 1 weekend:

- Laguna Seca - IMSA (separate 2-hour P/GTLM and PC/GTD races on Sunday); Continental Tire and other support series and perhaps qualifying for main races on fanschoice.tv.
schedule

- Sachsenring - ADAC GT Masters, German F4 (should include Mick Schumacher)

- Nürburgring - VLN (4-hour race on Saturday)
schedule

#35 ·
That German F4 stream had bad motion blur. Did anyone else notice?

After watching the radical race last weekend and not seeing a safety car come out after a car was beached in the gravel I'm a little disappointed to see two safety cars come out for beached cars in the F4 race. It wrecked Schramm's chance at a 2nd place. I think he might have been the quickest guy on track.

#36 · (Edited)
No Imsa live stream. Just radio. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edit: I checked via VPN. and I could get the feeds. I'm going to assume it's geo-blocked. Bell recently got the Fox Sports Racing channel. No doubt they made it a stipulation they stop broadcasting the live stream on imsa.

#37 ·
I've read elsewhere that some people were having similar trouble with the imsa stream in different parts of the world, getting the 'not available in your region' type of message after watching the earlier part of the race. I was seeing it okay, but my internet is Vmedia, not Bell. I don't know enough to understand if Bell would be able to block it while other Canadian providers do not.

I only watched parts of two of the German F4 races, and they looked okay.
Those short races can often end up with little green-flag racing.
I guess it's relatively easy to understand what's happening with the on-screen graphics, even if you don't know the commentators' language. Oddly the commentary was in English for the Sachsenring GT races.

This week's possibly available free streaming:

-Fuji - Super GT (500 km race at 1 a.m. ET Wednesday May 4/late Tuesday night. I've read that nismo.tv may have it despite not having last month's race; in-car only likely on Subaru Ustream channel. )
schedule

-Zandvoort - 24H Series (12-hour race, first 3 hours on Friday, last 9 hours on Saturday)
schedule

-Hockenheim - DTM (last year qualifying and Saturday race were shown, but live Sunday race geo-blocked in Canada.)
schedule

-Brands Hatch - Blancpain GT
schedule

-Spa - TCR International Series (on FIA WEC weekend)
schedule

-Adria - Italian F4
schedule

#38 ·
Good to know imsa wasn't geo-blocking. The only time I got a "not available in your region" was when I didn't have flash installed. All I got was a black screen where the feed was supposed to be. At the bottom there was no race broadcast, in car views for options. Just the imsa radio(which worked).

When I connected to the VPN I got all the options. I disconnected from the VPN and refreshed the page to check and I only had the IMSA radio option. When I reconnected to same VPN IP and refreshed the page now I only had the option of race broadcast and imsa radio. The in car views in the middle just had a line across it I think. Perhaps just some software glitches? I dared not leave that page again left it on that page between the 1st and 2nd race on Sunday.

The motion blur was bad in race 1 of the F4 race. I didn't watch the 2nd race, but it seemed ok in the 3rd.

Do you know in which countries DTM is not performing geo-blocking?

I think I'll check out the Super GT series. I've never seen those races before.

#39 ·
...Do you know in which countries DTM is not performing geo-blocking?..
I don't know for sure, but if you scroll down on this page of the DTM website, it shows a world map of what countries get live TV coverage, highlights, or no coverage. I would guess the ones with no coverage might be the ones to try first.
But now when I look at the DTM youtube page, it shows the start times for this weekend's streams (including practice sessions which I don't recall seeing last year), with only in-car ones shown for the Sunday race, so perhaps it won't be available live to anyone this year?

I don't think I've ever been able to watch more than a few minutes of any of those Japan Super GT races live when they're on in the middle of the night. I'm a little skeptical about this week's race allegedly being on nismo.tv as someone claimed, as I see nothing there yet about it being on tomorrow night. There is also a "Super GT Mania" youtube page with a live stationary pit camera only, saying "Race scene will not be streamed due to copyright reasons."

#41 ·
Free live legal streaming that might be available on May 13-15 weekend:

-Indianapolis (road course) - Road To Indy series (USF2000, Pro Mazda, Indy Lights), maybe IndyCar practice and/or qualifying
schedule

-Imola - European Le Mans Series, GT3 Le Mans Cup
schedule

-Pau - European F3, European GT4
schedule

-Silverstone - Blancpain GT, Formula Renault 2.0 NEC, Lamborghini ST, Seat León Eurocup
schedule

-Nürburgring - VLN (4-hour race on Saturday)
schedule

-Korea International Circuit - GT Asia
schedule

-Venray, Netherlands - Nascar Euro
schedule Sunday, Monday

-Turf Paradise AZ - AMA Pro Flat Track
schedule

-Warsaw - Speedway GP
schedule

#45 ·
#48 ·
#50 ·
#51 ·
There was a free live stream last year, wasn't there? Radio lemans commentary or something?

Best part of last years lemans was watching onboard of Hulkenberg and Nick Tandy's car just before happy hour. They were on it and it was glorious! Mark Webber either had car difficulty or is just a crappy driver because he kept making mistakes. Not Hulkenberg though, it was freaking amazing!

#55 ·
IMSA.tv was working for me again this race. They did change the layout a little. The only real change is there's no more radio lemans radio feed that you can unmute so you can't hear the radio broadcast while watching onboard anymore. That's a shame. Oh well just gotta do the old two screen. I much prefer watching onboard. I was watching the porsche #23 onboard most of the race. It was fun as we making places up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.