Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

BTV Outages Thread - Please Read Post 1 Before Posting

37K views 57 replies 32 participants last post by  JonWalsh24 
#1 ·
This thread is designed to track outages at the BTV uplink in Toronto which affect the entire country

Since there was only one confirmed outage in 2013 and two in 2014, we'll continue this thread into 2015

Here are similar threads from previous years:

BTV 2012 Outages Thread - Please Read Post 1 Before Posting - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums 2012

BTV 2011 Outages Thread - Please read post 1. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums 2011

BTV 2010 Outages Thread (There goes the 99.99% availability) See Post 1. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums 2010

Weather outages can be caused by poor weather over your area, or poor weather over the BTV Uplink facility, located in Toronto. This thread is to track outages that affect the entire country due to weather or other problems at the uplink.

Please see and use the links below for Toronto radar if you have an outage. Please also report the amount of time that your location was "down".

Weather Radar - King City, ON - Environment Canada

Intellicast - Current Radar in Cadillac, Michigan

Uplink Outage Dates & Times:

To be completed as outages occur. Times listed are Toronto times.

2013.07.08, 5:00 PM, ~½ hour, Record rain & thunderstorms in Toronto,

2014.06.17, 6:30PM, ~½ hour, Heavy rain and thunderstorms in Toronto

2014.08.04, 3:30PM, ~½ hour, Heavy rain and thunderstorms in Toronto

2015.06.23, Around Midnight. Heavy rain and thunderstorms in Toronto.

If you wish to find other previous similar threads, do a search for "rain snow fade". If your location was down for significantly longer than other people indicate in this thread, then you should consider re-aiming your dish and/or getting a larger dish.

See less See more
#27 ·
I did have an outage yesterday (070813 @ 5pm) for about 30min.
Everything almost back to normal, except for CBC channels (SD & HD), the audio is all messed up, meaning that there is sound, but it is very low. All other channels work fine except for CBC channels.

#38 ·
You might have been affected by the uplink. I looked at 3 different radar sites before going for my run and all claimed the rain would hit Toronto after 5PM, but it hit almost an hour early. I just got back after waiting under some front porches during the heaviest rain. Heavy rain was pretty brief. Perhaps a bit of weakness at both ends, yours and the uplink.

Edit - More on the way all evening...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.