Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

CRTC Approves MPix HD and Other New HD Undertakings - January 4, 2007

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TJ77 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Basically they can have an HD version of the SD channel as long as 95% of the programs are the same on both. The 5% difference must be in true HD.
This does not mean that the channel can only have 5% HD, it means that any program that airs on the HD version and not on SD must be in HD.

#8 ·
Mpix is not available here in Winnipeg and I would say its central Canada here. Maybe if you had bell express vu they might give it to you but all other service providers don't carry it here.

BTW Encore Avenue HD will be the bomb.

#9 ·
I have to laugh at this, given the restrictions on the channel, a HD version of Teletoon is pretty much useless (95% the exact same prgramming? Oi)

On top of that, AFAIK no animation in N.America is being produced in HD at this time (Though there are WS offerings appearing slowly) if Teletoon wanted to show true HD, they'd be looking at having to purchase programming from Japanese sources who are producing such titles (Not that I would mind personally, but I can't see the CRTC liking it much)

NefCanuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.