Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Post Your Working XM Canada Promo Code Here

273K views 527 replies 212 participants last post by  Davage 
#1 · (Edited)
FYI:

50% off one year of service promo code OLFTA1YDU

Expires december 9

Here is Ontario is was $82.45 + $11.54 tax = $93.99. Great deal!

#464 ·
I just cancelled my subscription

So I called XM Canada (1-877-209-0079). Sat on hold for 20+ minutes, and finally spoke with Kayla.
I told her I was cancelling my subscription and she asked why. I said that my renewal cost of $149.90 was more than I could pay. She then came back and said that she could give me a deal of $91.50 +Taxes.
Again, I said that was too much, I asked about the $24.95/6 months promo, and she said I was the 3rd person to call about it and no, it wasn't a valid promo.
She asked if I enjoyed my subscription (I said yes, very much) and did I use it (yes, all the time).
Kayla said she could possibly offer me $26.90 for 3 months, and again for another 3 months. I said that I am not willing to pay that. My previous renewal (Oct. 27/2011) was $5.95/month (+taxes) or $6.58/month (taxes in) for a total 0f $78.96, and I would be willing to pay that again.
Kayla said that my previous renewal was a "special" promo code from head office, that can only be used "once" on an XM account.
Kayla said they had no other promos to offer me, and my account would be closed on October 27, 2012.
Adios XM CANADA!

#466 ·
WARNING - Your Credit Card on Your Account

So I called XM Canada (1-877-209-0079). Sat on hold for 20+ minutes, and finally spoke with Kayla.
I told her I was cancelling my subscription and she asked why. I said that my renewal cost of $149.90 was more than I could pay. She then came back and said that she could give me a deal of $91.50 +Taxes.
Again, I said that was too much, I asked about the $24.95/6 months promo, and she said I was the 3rd person to call about it and no, it wasn't a valid promo.
She asked if I enjoyed my subscription (I said yes, very much) and did I use it (yes, all the time).
Kayla said she could possibly offer me $26.90 for 3 months, and again for another 3 months. I said that I am not willing to pay that. My previous renewal (Oct. 27/2011) was $5.95/month (+taxes) or $6.58/month (taxes in) for a total 0f $78.96, and I would be willing to pay that again.
Kayla said that my previous renewal was a "special" promo code from head office, that can only be used "once" on an XM account.
Kayla said they had no other promos to offer me, and my account would be closed on October 27, 2012.
Adios XM CANADA!

My XM Radio Canada account expired October 27, 2012.

I called XM Canada on October 24, and spoke with Kalya.

I cancelled my subscription and Kayla advised me that it was done.

I also checked on my XM Account on line and made sure that my VISA information had been REMOVED!

Please view my post above on www.digitalhome.ca regarding my experience with Kayla.

Last night (October 29, 2012)I received an automated call from XM radio telling me that my account was expiring (it already had!) and that they would automatically renew it.

This morning, I went online and checked my Visa Account - a charge of $206.27 was put through on my VISA on October 27.

I am BEYOND FURIOUS!

I have now wasted over 30 minutes on line with XM this morning. Kris at XM Canada advised me that she had to make a "special request" to add an additional $11.00+ to my account so I could get my FULL REFUND???

I then sat on hold for another 15 minutes to wait to speak with a Supervisor.

I FINALLY spoke with Gilbert (apparently the Supervisor), who assured me that my account would receive the full credit of $206.27 back onto my Visa within 2-3 business taxs .

I asked Gilbert:

I WANT TO KNOW HOW XM CANADA COULD CHARGE MY VISA, WHEN I HAD REMOVED MY VISA ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM MY ACCOUNT WITH XM ON LINE.????

Gilbert advised me that only XM Canada can remove my credit card information from my account, and that me removing it from the account on line doesn't mean diddly.

Gilbert assured me that he is "escalating" my issue and that he will personally be monitoring my account to ensure I receive my full credit.

I am posting my experience on line as a Warning to all other XM Canada subscribers who think that by removing their credit card from their own account on line that they will not be charged.

When calling XM Canada to CANCEL, you MUST request your Credit Card Information also be removed by XM Canada from YOUR ACCOUNT.

NOTHING you do to your own XM ACCOUNT matters - XM will charge you any way!

I view this as a TOTAL SCAM

#468 ·
It doesn't matter when you cancel, I had removed my Credit Card Information from my XM Account MONTHS ago.
Theoretically, they wouldn't be able to renew without it.
However, XM Customers may think they've removed their Credit Card information, when, in fact, XM still keeps it (and doesn't display it on line).
So, again, a word of caution, you have to call and wait and then speak to someone and then VERBALLY request that your credit card be removed from your XM Account.
We have a 2nd XM Account and I will call to make sure that the Credit Card information is no longer on it either.
IT's a TOTAL SCAM by XM.

#469 ·
Called XM today since I received an e-mail advising about my upcoming renewal (mid-December). First rep stated there is no way to remove the credit card info. Passed me to cancellations. Same with this rep. She stated that on an active subscription, there is no way to remove the credit card info. What she suggested and what I did is change from c.c. to invoice billing.

#470 ·
My cancellation had a bit of a twist.

I cancelled my service as of Oct 5th. On the the 5th all channels disappeared. On Oct 6th, all channels returned. I called in and was told I was given a free month of service to "think" about my cancellation. Sure enough, on Nov 5th, all channels disappeared again.

My credit card was not charged any amount by XM.

#471 ·
Hi.

New to the XM Radio thing. Just bought a new car and have my 3-months free trial.

I'm sort of beginning to like it and considering subscribing, but don't want to do it -- and pay full price-- unless I really have to.

Are they quick to cancel your free trial after three months (or whatever period you have)? Will they offer me lower priced incentives if I don't subscribe right away?

#474 ·
Nearly half price

I learned a lot last year from these posts when it came time to switch from a trial to permanent subscription and used the SAVE50PA. This year I studied all the posts and was armed and ready for a long battle as I went in for renewal at a quoted price of $175 plus taxes and fees.

I was connected immediately (what, no 20 minute wait?) and informed the agent that I wished to cancel. She asked why and I said it wasn't worth $175 to me. She immediately asked if I would stay for $96 per year ($113 all in). I thought about it and the cheaper offers that seemed to be out there - but I didn't want to spend 40 minutes on the phone to save $20 so I took the offer. No codes, no retentions department, no escalation - perhaps it's because of the free promo they're running now. The last thing I did was switch to invoice renewal rather than automatic credit card so I won't have to worry about my card being charged incorrectly next year (my card expires next summer anyways).

Perhaps I didn't get the cheapest deal out there but it was quick (less than 5 minutes) and painless so I don' mind. I'm not naive though - I'll watch my credit card statement like a hawk.

#477 ·
Moira, there is ONLY one way to stop this - that is to cancel your credit card and then renew it again with a new card & number. They scammed me for an $85.00 charge last year after I cancelled, and it took me 2 weeks to get my refund back. The only safe way if you want to renew again is with a $50.00 or $100.00 Xm gift card you can purchase at Best Buy or Future Shop, at least then they can't nail you with high cancellation or renewal fees.

#478 ·
So as a new customer, with my trial ending in a month I got their letter today offering me a yearly subscription of just over $100/yr. all inc.
I guess I'll take them up on that.Considering I drive almost every day, it works out to less than a buck.
I guess paying by cheque is a better option(despite the $5 fee) so that they don't bill me the full amount next year, right?

#479 ·
Hey there, I've been meaning to post my experience. I bought a used vehicle in Feb and was able to get a 'buy one month get two free' promo that they had at the time. Since then I was on their quarterly billing with approx $48 being billed every 3 months.

I figured I had enough with quarterly billing so called them about an annual plan. I mentioned I would like to 'upgrade' to an annual plan, the rep said sure, that would be $175.89. I then mentioned that I had heard about a promo code 'crisp79' which would give me a year for $79.96 (thanks to reading it on here).

She put me on hold to check into. I was sure she'd come back and tell me that the code was for first time customers or something like that but she came back telling me that was fine.

She asked something if I wanted to automatically renew next year and I said no, so we'll see how that works out next November.

#481 ·
XM Renewal Rates & Promo Codes for Dec 11 2012

Thought I'd share my experience with XM my renewal today. I wanted a 1 year rate and got $105.37 all taxes in, - I used Save 50PA Promo Code from an email I had received in Oct since I had let my subscription run out in Sept. For those who want a better deal for fewer months: Use Promo Code Crisp 24 - its only good for 3 months @ $2.49 / month works out to $11.63 with all taxes in.

Also a company called Zedd Cust Svcs is calling customers who have have let their XM subscriptions run out. They have a great 6 month Rate of $36.49 all taxes in but they call you. I had first thought this was a scam but apparently its legit.

For those renewing I have to say their turn up time for XM car radio renewal was terrible today. It took me 4.5 hours & 4 phone calls to get it done, as well as my own internet refresh, and I was really disappointed with the way this was handled. The person I was talking to every time said they were in Manila - when I finally asked to talk to a Supervisor in Canada my XM was up and running in less than 2 minutes. Not performance at all!!

#482 ·
I don't have a code to share, but I wanted to share my experience with my renewal. I received an email offering me a one year renewal at approx $225(!!!!). This week, I phoned XM customer service with approximately one month to go on my contract, and I told them I wanted to cancel. When they asked why, I told them it was because the renewal cost was too high. The rep immediately offered me a one year renewal at $95 plus royalties plus taxes. I told him that was still too much, and he transferred me to the cancellations department. I gave all my info to the second rep, and again explained that I wanted to cancel because the renewal price was too high. He immediately offered a one year renewal for $79.95 plus tax, which I accepted.

Easy, and total time taken from start to finish was less than 10 minutes.

#483 ·
I received a voice mail from XM saying that my sub was about to expire and would be automatically renewed. I remembered that last year I used a promo code to get one year at $82.49 and that the online renewal indicated that the next-year renewal rate was something in the range of $179, which I did not want.

I called today to cancel and when I talked to the rep said that I had received the voice mail, but that it didn't indicate the auto-renew rate. He immediately said that he could renew it at the same rate as last year, so I took that. No fuss, no muss, and no waiting on the line. Hopefully they will do as they indicated.

#484 ·
I gave up on promo codes in Canada because they were all for XMSelect and you don't get Stern or MLB. I called 866-325-7474 which is the renewal number in the states. I was signing up for a new subscription but it didn't matter. I used an address in the states and my Canadian phone number and cc and it was no problem. First rep i talked to offered me XMSelect for $29.09 taxes and royalties included for 6 months service. I said that I wanted stern and she said I was SoL. I called back. 2nd rep gave me same offer. I said I wanted stern. She said no problem. I could get 6 months premier for $39 taxes and royalties included. No codes. No hassle.

Using code "save50pa" at siriusxm Canada the best I could do was 1 year of select for $114 with tax. All you need is an address. Doesn't matter if it doesn't match your cc. Way better deal. When my 6 months is up I will call threaten to cancel and get a better deal.

That's my story.

#485 ·
Activated today. Talked to Joseph in Cairo. Used promo code CRISP79. $80 for the year.
$30 activation fee - such BS, discounted to $25 after I complained
$11+ for Canadian royalty - hopefully this goes to right people like the federal funding of new artists
HST

TOTAL: $130 for the year for SIRIUS SELECT

I also had them cancel my auto renewal so I don't get inadvertently dinged next year.

The total was still more than I wanted to pay, almost $11 a month. It's only worth around $5 a month to me as I don't do a lot of driving. If they can't give it to me for that next year I'm outty.

#486 ·
First new promo code of 2013.

Free trial of 59 channels is currently available for the next 2 weeks (until February 12). Nothing to do. Just tune in and enjoy.

Like what you hear?

All 120 Channels for 2.49 a month for 3 months using the promo code: Frost24
All 120 Channels for 79.96 for 1 year using the promo code: Frost79

Offer expires Feb. 28, 2013

1-877-209-0042

#488 ·
i know i tried it once an older code....online and it was accepted..then the nightmare began..saying 'blah blah' ..you couldn't use this code for renewals..in the end i got it dropped down a bit...but their system is confusing...

i've also considered..cancelling outright...then seeing what they offer after you aren't subscribed....but i've got to wait til next year to try...

#489 ·
Did the dance with collections yet again. Wasn't really in the mood to fight too much so when she offered me the same rate as I got last year ($103.49 all in) I took it. Funny how the first people you talk to are in Puerto Rico, but the person I dealt with
from Retentions was in New Brunswick.

#490 ·
Just Renewed - $100.76

Logged in - used promo Frost 79.
$79.96 Annual Fee
$11.64 Royalty
$ 9.16 Taxes
$100.76 Total
Will call XM in a month and have them remove my credit card information from their account - I can remove it on line, but that doesn't remove it from XM - FYI!

#493 ·
Logged in - used promo Frost 79.
$79.96 Annual Fee
$11.64 Royalty
$ 9.16 Taxes
$100.76 Total
Will call XM in a month and have them remove my credit card information from their account - I can remove it on line, but that doesn't remove it from XM - FYI!
This doesn't work for me. Did you do it on the my.xmradio.ca site?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.