Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Telus Optik TV Remote Control Questions

350K views 300 replies 98 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
Hey,

I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to my question so here goes:

I'm trying to program the Cisco AT6400 remote to use my XBOX 360 as a DVD player. I've seen elsewhere online that other STB remotes (eg. directTv) can operate the 360.

I know that I can pick up a media remote specifically for the xbox 360, but I'd rather have just one for all of them, and save some money at the same time.

Anyone been able to find a code that works?

Thanks in Advance!

#57 ·
Telus receivers wont work with emitters

Hi, got telus optic TV and put the telus boxes and audio gear in closet. Problem is the telus boxes wont work with the remote emitters. The telus boxes remote will control volume of the Audio receiver but seems like the Cisco box wont read the emitter. Tried many and everything. Have 3 telus boxes and none will pick up the emitter signals. Any idea??

#60 ·
Posts merged into existing thread. mastersplinter: After a reset of the remote, you need to programme it to properly control your various devices. See posts earlier in this thread - Post 2 for the operating manual? You need to properly put in the code for the various devices (sometimes you'll get the quantized volume if the code is incorrect - try all the codes for your particular device until you get the unquantized volume). You also need to set the global volume lock so that the volume always controls the appropriate device without having to press the device button (setup 995?)

#62 ·
problem with Telus remote codes

I just switched over from Shaw to Telus yesterday and am a bit frustrated that I cannot seem to find the right code to connect my Sony Receiver (STR-DE197) to the Telus remote. I have gone through every code twice, tried the Auto-Searching routine as well. The receiver is less than three years old and worked fine with Shaw.

Is there anywhere to look to find the proper code so I can have all my components on one remote? Any help would be appreciated.

#63 ·
Optik Remote Control

I just had to do a factory reset on my remote control and now cannot get my other equipment to function like before. When I had the service installed, the installer set up the remote to allow all equipment (Pioneer Receiver, Samsung TV and my Optik rcvr) to work under the STB button. I was able to turn the TV and Pioner rcvr on/off and also control the volume on the pioneer rcvr.

Now, after the reset, I need to select TV, AUX or STB to control the equipment.

Any help to get it back to the way it was is appreciated.

#66 ·
@aj55, you're welcome.

I'm with MTS and have the Motorola remote, so I can't comment on your battery problem specifically. The Motorola has a backlight feature which eats batteries. I didn't see anything in the Cisco manual about backlight, but I can post the Motorola instructions to turn it off if that will help.

#69 ·
Is it possible to change the i/r remote address.......

I have just signed up with Telus Optik TV and internet, and I have a central video distribution system where I have i/r receivers and emitters to handle the remote controls. With bell in the past, I was able to assign a new i/r address to the 2nd pvr which would allow for both pvr's to exist on the same i/r network. Does anyone know if this is possible with the Cisco 430 and 330 boxes? For now I have had to put the 330 box underneath my main tv, which sort of kills the whole central distribution thing. Thanks in advance.

#70 ·
Hi, I am new here, looks like a great informative forum.
I just got signed up to Telus Optik tv today, and the one tv that my wife uses is a Prima in the lists of codes it does have one 1113 but no matter what I try cant get it to program to that TV, anyone have one of these TV'S or has a different code. Do the harmony lower end price wise really work with Cisco remotes. Thanks in advance...........drummond

#71 ·
@ drummond52,

As far as I know all Harmony remotes work with the Cisco 430 or 330. The older Scientific Atlanta 430 and 330 STBs are the same units (Cisco bought Scientific Atlanta) and will also work, just use the Cisco codes if Scientific Atlanta codes aren't listed.

Go to this thread http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=132100 and read post #24 to see my previous instructions for using the search method to program the Optik remote for TVs that are not listed. This is by far easier than trying codes one at a time, and is the only way to find codes (if they exsist) for unlisted TVs.

- another TELUS tech

#72 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply wiremonkey, I tried what you recomended on the other thread. and the tv turned off after quite few tries but I could not get it to take tried a few times and ended up when I try over again starting at the begining I press TV and OK then try to put the 922 in and the remote defaults to STB and goes to channel 922, I am going to reset to factory settings and try again
Thanks again............drummond

#73 ·
drummond52,
Go slowly through the codes and keep count. Make sure you don't hold down the 'play' button or the remote rips through the codes in sequence very quickly, It becomes quite easy to miss the code, and have the TV turn off but have the remote end up on the wrong code, when this happens.

To reset to factory, press and hold the STB and OK buttons then release them. Enter 900 on the number pad, the lights on the remote will flash 4 times. The remote is now reset to factory default.

- another TELUS tech

#75 ·
Volume Down Button Going?

Im almost sure someone else has this problem. I have to push the volume down button as hard as I can to get it to work. Its the same for both remotes in my house. On one of the tv's the volume can also be controlled by the left arrow by the OK button. Im not sure how that got set up but its so much easier. If someone can tell me how to set that up for my other tv that would be awesome.

#76 ·
@10pmstalker, I have a few suggestions for you.

Take a look at this FAQ to be sure you're not getting interference.

Make sure you point the remote directly at the TV (assuming the TV is providing the audio and not an external sound system).

If the buttons are physically worn out, most providers will replace the remotes at no charge (although you will have to check with Telus since I haven't seen a specific policy on this). This probably isn't the problem if you have issues with both remotes.

On one of the tv's the volume can also be controlled by the left arrow by the OK button. Im not sure how that got set up but its so much easier. If someone can tell me how to set that up for my other tv that would be awesome.
This sounds like an accidental quirk I've seen with a lot of universal remotes. You won't be able to do the same thing with the other TV unless the're the same make and model.

If all else fails, you can reprogram the remote to have the STB control the volume (assuming the volume button isn't worn out).

#77 ·
10pmstalker,

It’s strange you bring this up. In the past couple weeks I've replaced remotes where the volume down is suddenly useless, the remotes worked for months previously in both cases. I tried replacing the batteries both times and the volume down function was elusive. I replaced the remotes and programmed them to the TVs and the volume down was fine. In one of the cases both of the remotes were doing it, just like yours, and in all cases it was only the volume down. LOL, they say there's no such thing as coincidences. I don't know why I've seen this twice in less than 2 weeks but I would say don't be concerned about it (I'm buying a lottery ticket :)). If you've tried new batteries and still the volume won't go down call TELUS and the tech will provide you with new remotes. There is no charge for replacement of faulty or worn out Optik remotes.

Please do check the batteries and explore the link DrDave provided. The information on that link can be especially useful if you have a Sharp TV as their light sensor is known to cause issues with Optik remotes and should be turned off to resolve issues with strange remote behaviour.

- another TELUS tech

#84 ·
10pmstalker,

It’s strange you bring this up. In the past couple weeks I've replaced remotes where the volume down is suddenly useless, the remotes worked for months previously in both cases. I tried replacing the batteries both times and the volume down function was elusive.
Thought I'd just post to add myself to this mysterious volume down function disappearing on my remote. I also tried everything but will just do as Wiremonkey says and call Telus for a new one. Strange stuff...

#80 ·
None of the listed codes for a Denon 890 AVR in the Cisco pamphlet seem to work.

I tried the auto-searching method using the Denon AVR and setup access code 922 with Play, etc. The AVR does shut off after it finds a code. However, it won't turn on when trying to use the RC with it's new-found code (push the mode button, then Power On).

Alternatively, does anyone here have a readable Denon code that works for you and that I can try?

And no, at this time I don't have or plan to get a Harmony RC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.