Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Big Brother Returns July 7! - Season 13

21K views 181 replies 24 participants last post by  james99 
#1 ·
#34 ·
I know that on Big Brother After Dark last night Shelly spent a good 30-45 minutes trying to convince Keith to fight to stay by promising anyone anything. He refused and she said she was really fed up with him and then told Cassi that she didn't know if he deserved her vote. I think that had as much to do with her decision as anything.

As for the other one who voted that way, I have no clue what she was thinking.

#35 ·
haha these noobs are worthless. apparently none of them have ever seen big brother. rachel is a terrific competitor but a terrible player. at least she'll be the first vet to go. i like jeff but jordan is pretty worthless. it bugs me she's so popular. yeah, i get it she's nice, but this is big brother.

i guess i'm cheering for dani, even though all she did was complain during bb8.

#36 ·
I'm cheering for Daniele too. I stuck with her and Dick all the way through season 8.

Without the returning houseguests, the show would be terrible this season. None of the new guys have any personality and they are all terrible at competitions. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if HOH keeps going between Jeff, Jordan, Rachael and Brendon until the top 10. Then the house will be split 50/50 and the new guys won't have much of a chance.

#37 ·
The vets got lucky that they managed to swing two people on their side, although I think it was more of an anti-Keith vote than a pro-veteran vote.
I think Branchel screwed up after the Veto. They in fact should have used the veto and put up any other couple, say Domnick and Metal Head. That was the only way they could guarantee five votes in their favour (by having Porsche vote) and guarantee an "enemy" out of the game.
It worked out well for them in the end, but I think they lucked out.

#38 ·
Keith was done the moment he arrived... bad game plan, bad interaction with the players and his super paranoia made him make bad decisions... see ya.

I can't believe they both threw the veto comp... unbelievable...

#39 ·
I agree that the new cast is boring but that's no excuse for recycling old cast members all of which have some level of diluted self importance.

I also don't understand why the cheating 'hubby' was allowed to play in HOH when his team had all the benefits of being HOH last week.

#40 ·
Regarding the cast, we're a week into the game. I don't know about others, but my wife and I spend the first few weeks every year, complaining about how crappy this years cast is only to get sucked in and involved no matter how bad they all seem at the start.

Personally, I think it sucks bringing back so many cast members. If you want to do an all stars then do it. But I think it sucks for this years cast to first have the disadvantage of playing against previous players who are experienced, already have personal relationships, and then get saddled having to play with partners they basically had to choose moments into the game.

You can take this whole "expect the unexpected" thing too far. The best years have been when alliances and relationships develop on their own, not this forced pairings and clique's right out of the box.

#42 ·
I agree that the returning couples have some advantage, but I think they also have huge targets painted on them. Once this first silly round with golden keys is over, if the remaining houseguests have any sense, breaking up Branchel and Jeff/Jordan should be order number one.

In fact, I would target the men in both those couples. Rachel and Jordan would be devasted without them. Especially Rachel. And that's assuming that Rachel/Brandons relationship is strong enough to even survive the next few weeks.

#46 ·
Man... Rachel is one spoiled brat... was hoping the "Brachel" duo was getting nominated... oh well.

Gotta like Dominic's game so far..

#47 ·
I really don't know what Brendon sees in her. Honestly. I like Brendon and I think he's similar to myself, in that he doesn't like confrontation, he's sensible and has a strong head, and knows what is required to win the game.
He's obviously not playing with his head...well not that head anyways. And Rachel is not that cute.

#49 ·
His first reaction to when Jeff lashed out at her was to not back her and ask her why she did what she did... odd way to react to someone you "love" if you ask me. Save that for later.

#55 ·
It seems like they really played up the whole post-Veto "fight". That was from Saturday night and by the time BBAD was on that night everyone was getting along again. I think that's why Jordan kind of gave Julie a funny look when she asked if she seriously considered putting Rachael up.

#58 ·
Yes, I see that. He did that last night too, telling her flat out not to talk game alone, without him and then getting upset when he found out she spoke to Dom earlier about the Veto. But Danielle was in the room with them at the time and agreed with Brandon, telling Rachel the same thing.
And Shelli and Jordan also told Rachel the same thing. "Keep your mouth shut."
I'm not saying B may be or may not be abusive outside the house, but telling her not to talk game is in fact the right thing for him to do, if he wants her to win the game.
She may think it's condescending, and it is, but her mouth was her undoing last year and will be again this year. Brendon knows that. Her only chance of winning is for her to keep quiet.

#59 ·
Almost already is this year. All it would take is for someone outside of JJ or herself/Brendon to win HOH and she is gone. She is one the best competitors in the history of the game. If she had any idea how to keep her mouth shut, she'd have the chance to be one of the best overall players.

I hope Kalia goes this week. She might be the only one more annoying than Rachael.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.