Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

COGECO *LOST* / *CANCELLED* channels discussion

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mike marshall 
#1 ·
Discussion in other threads is sort of "OFF TOPIC" / OFF TARGET (haa haa) so I'll start a new thread.

Staying on ...

here.

Would you agree? It's a definite trend. Loss of channels and content.

COGECO has been dropping channels for awhile now - a loss to the customer - and I don't see any good replacements coming. Just promises.

They generally say "We're trying to get you more value for your dollar" - but just seems they can't come to a contractual agreement (money) for the content on their network - and so drop the channel. Or get overulled by "Rights" ie. National broadcast rights. Or we hear from others "the content on that channel is slowly being lost, so no big loss"

Here's what I wrote in another thread:

So Cable TV here is going to the DOGS - and the internet is becomming the new sensation.

COGECO -
1. Speed Channel - Gone

2. The Score - Gone not so long ago [ Sports ch w/some University games (football) ]

What was the other one - awhile ago?
3. TV Tropolis ?? - Gone / changed name to something else [DTOUR now ?] / content changed / not so good ... [ used to have the odd movie, older TV series etc. ]

I think you can add to the list:

PEACHTREE CHANNEL - lost a few years ago, I think.

and also the fact that you can't get TCM - Turner Classic Movies on Cogeco.

SO, correct me if I'm wrong / add to list / discuss all you wish ....

Channels LOST on COGECO:

SPEED CHANNEL (used to see some different stuff & even F1 in the past)
THE SCORE (sports) (used to get some Canadian University football)
TV TROPOLIS (... we got something like DTOUR channel now)
PEACHTREE
[ TCM - Turner Classic Movies - can't get it on COGECO ]

I'm just finding the content not very interesting on the cable subscription we have.

Mostly Reality TV and Fix your Home TV type of content.
replayed over and over again.

Movies - even older ones - seem pretty much gone on the cable subscription.

What's going on? Definite trend.

Discuss if you wish ... I'd like to hear views of others.

Should cancel service.

Stick with OTA only for what I get / what I watch anyway.
[ Personally ...Don't do internet TV at home - but have watched the odd program on internet outside the home. ]

See less See more
#2 ·
The Score and TVTropolis are not Cogeco's fault. ALL providers lost them since those have been rebranded.

The Score was bought by Rogers and added to the Sportsnet family as Sportsnet 360. TVTropolis was rebranded as Dtour by Shaw Media.

PeachTree and TCM are Turner channels. Probably the same reason there is no CNN or HLN in HD. These two companies are miles apart on carriage agreements, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.