Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

WGN Blackhawks 2014-2015 schedule.

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  liquidthunder 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I receive WGN America in SD and WGN Chicago in HD on Cogeco. However, WGN is terminating all distribution rights in Canada beginning January 1 according to Cogeco:

WGN is terminating all distribution rights in Canada
Effective December 15, 2014, WGN SD (channel 209) and WGN HD (channel 793) will no longer be available to Cogeco customers. On January 1st, 2015, WGN is terminating all distribution rights in Canada and all Canadian providers can no longer offer this service. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#9 ·
Still getting WGN HD on Rogers... it says the CW9 in the corner. Again, I thought WGN America was the SuperStation feed, which would make more sense than the local CW affiliate being widely distributed... but as long as the sports and programs are still available, it doesn't really matter to me.

#10 ·
Cogeco is dropping WGN America, the superstation feed, as it converted to a cable channel in the US on January 1, 2015. I believe that Cogeco is one of the few providers in Canada that still offered the feed. All other providers make use of the local Chicago WGN TV 9 (CW affiliate) feed, that has been provided by Shaw Broadcast Services since 2007. Thus, if you're with any provider other than Cogeco, this issue has no effect on you.

#12 ·
Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe they don't have a deal to source the local feed from SBS like everybody else? As far as I know, Cogeco and MTS were the only two providers that still offered it. However, MTS still has the local Chicago feed available to its subscribers. Cogeco's replies on their Facebook page seem to indicate that they are pretty clueless about the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.