Votes: 19 5.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which smartphone brand do you use?

48K views 118 replies 78 participants last post by  17671 
#1 ·
Vote and Discuss!

#17 ·
I love that my iPhone just works, and works with the most up to date software. I got it two years ago, and I was able to load iOS6 the day it was available in a couple of taps. That said it's not perfect, but compared to my wife's Galaxy S2 (also two years old) that she has for work, the iPhone is far superior. The Galaxy is constantly crashing (good thing you can pull the battery!), has a terrible user interface that stutters and freezes, and cannot be upgraded to the new Andriod release (tried to upgrade it to a slightly newer release, but it was a nightmare of a process and then other things started going wrong like app updates stopped working with a package file error, wireless wouldn't connect and blah blah blah... anyway her IT support people couldn't figure out so did a factory reset back to previous version) . I find the Galaxy is very restricting because of all it's shortcommings. Literaly hunderds of hours have been spent supporting that phone.

#19 ·
Been in the cell game for years.

Mitsubishi (analogue) -> Ericsson (analogue) -> Samsung (digital, clamshell) -> BlackBerry 8700 (refurb unlocked) -> Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Some fun comments on each:

Mitsubishi: Great phone for me but everyone else hated it and the store said it was a nightmare. :)

Ericsson: Worked well. Didn't show "roam" like the Mitsubishi.

Samsung: XTG426 (if I remember correctly) Great phone at the time.

BlackBerry 8700: The thing just worked extremely well except the scroll wheel just got too gnarly to use...

Samsung Galaxy SIII: Very new to me, works very well. Software is the greatest limitation. Virtual keyboard needs a "TAB" key.... :)

Cameron

#20 ·
I've had lots of phones in the past as well. But as for smart phones, used to have an LG Android that just simply ran out of memory otherwise was a good phone. Now the wife and I both have Galaxy S3's. Love the heck out them. Keep discovering new apps and options on these things all the time. Never get tired of them.

#22 ·
HTC touch then diamond then desire and now gs3.

With all that HTC history it took a lot for me to go to the gs3 and my impatience to wait for the HTC one x..... I still miss HTC sence.

But the gs3 is a pretty rocking piece of hardware.. And for a first time in a long time average Joe and Jane also have a gs3 and know that they run android... It's a good time to be an android user..

Sent from my SGH-I747M

#23 ·
I am currently using a Blackberry, but that will change when my contract expires at the end of this month, and after I have decided whether to stay with my current carrier or start service with a different carrier. I am leaning towards the iPhone for my next smart phone, since I have an iPad and am used to the operating system, but have not totally ruled out the Android operating system yet.

#24 ·
I'm on my first smartphone. It's a Samsung Nexus S. I like it but wished I had waited just a bit longer to get a more up to date phone. Firmware updates are no longer available for that phone. That being said, it works very well and have had no problems with it. I was limited to Android or Windows phone with Videotron as they do not carry Iphones. Not an Apple fan by any stretch of the imagination so it didn't bother me one bit.

#27 ·
Other

Mine goes under "Other" category.
I ordered this cheap knock off Android phone from Asia through ebay. They come unlocked naturally and the best part is that they have dual Sim capacity.

I paired it with a Canadian pay as you go system and it works great for my needs. I love my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.