Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Optoma 3d projectors

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sushtsi 
#1 ·
I am looking for a new PJ for my HT, and I am finding myself stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I am looking at either an HD20 or the HD66...I REALLY want to get into 3d in the next 6 mos or so, but right now I can't afford the 3d xl converter box that the PJ will need for BR. Also I only have component cables running to the old PJ,and the HD66 doesn,t use them,just HDMI (and VGA,etc). The HD66 is 720p,the HD20 is 1080p..arrgghhh...I watch mostly HDTV and some BR,but having my own 100" 3d theater is almost worth giving up 1080p....double arrghh!

Optoma has just said that the new 3d XL will work with over 14 of their projectors, but they really only have 3 or 4 720p 3d projectors in their lineup that state 3d ready...If anyone else other than me follows this, is it possible that the 1080p projectors can be made to use only a 720p signal, and output 120hz??? This would make sense with the numbers in their lineup...

Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.