Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

SiriusXm Christmas Music starts on November 11

6K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Bdub 
#1 ·
Well it was announced yesterday that Holiday Traditions will be starting on November 11 this year. New this year is the channel location of it. Instead of being on 40's on 4 like before, it will be 147 for Sirius and 73 for Xm radios.

More info here http://investor.siriusxm.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=879424.

#3 ·
When it was XM alone, they had one channel that played funny and weird stuff. Songs like "Walking in women's underwear" or "I saw daddy kissing Santa Claus" were the norm. I miss that channel and XM as well.:(

#4 ·
I don't think everyone in Canada can receive channel 147. I guess SiriusXM will receive complaints again this year from Canadians who will be unable to hear Holiday Traditions.
Anyone on the "Mostly Music" package will not receive Holiday Traditions; not sure of what other packages do not receive this channel, Latino.

#12 ·
Well the time has come and gone and I don't have it. Anyone else in the same boat?

What is weird is that I can get 146 and 148 but not 147. :eek:

#16 ·
Sirius radios are notorious for it though. people clinging onto their first gen radios that were are not able to get any of the Canadian channels. also 2 years ago when they came out with the best of packages most subs would have to upgrade to a newer radio to take advantage of them

#20 ·
Well it's a no go for me. When I try to tune it using my radio's keypad, it erases the numbers I don't need. So when I start typing 1-4 then all numbers disappear except 6 and I am stuck at 146. Go up from 146 lands me on 150. Going down from 150 goes to 146,145 but no Holiday Traditions for me. I guess I'll keep listening to my new meditating CD called Endless River by Pink Floyd. ;)

#21 ·
The answer from SiriusXM facebook page today is: " Some plans and radios may not be able to access Holiday Traditions." Duh!
What Danster is describing is exactly the way my radio was acting until Sunday when suddenly 147 came in. I wrongly assumed that it was now available on all but the oldest radios. Go figure!

#22 ·
I don't understand why they didn't leave it on 40's on 4 like the previous years. So much for my Christmas fix.....:eek: :(

#26 ·
I tried already, no go. I don't feel like spending countless hours on the phone with Car's that have a hard time understanding me and vice versa. I'll keep trying until December 31st. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.