Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

NASCAR discussion

8K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  JasperJoe 
#1 ·
Just wondering cause in my mind it is way more popular than F1 and Indy car combined:confused:
Especially with Danica Patrick running running part time in the 10 SHR Chevy

#2 ·
There usually is some discussion during the season, but i agree, should be sticky.
I've been a big NASCAR fan for years, and I think the Danica hype has detracted from the sport. She's a commercial, just there for marketing. I don't think real nascar fans care for the distraction.
Can't wait for the season to begin. I really enjoy FOX's coverage, especially because I get it simsub free and free OTA. :)

#5 ·
Big Nascar fan myself.

Been a Tony Stewart fan since day one in Nascar.

Got to the Daytona 500 and the spring Richmond race last year.

Still trying to decide on races for this year, but work commitments will keep any races from happening until July.

The offseason was busy this year, lots of changes. Look forward to following this thread.

#10 ·
TSN to carry all NASCAR races

From Jayski:

Canada's TSN [The Sports Network] announced Monday that every single NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series race, starting with the Daytona 500 a week from next Sunday (Feb. 26), will be televised this year on either TSN or TSN2.The first race to hit the airwaves, the Budweiser Shootout, will be televised this coming Saturday night at 8 p.m. on TSN2. The two qualifying races that set the field for the 500, called the Gatorade Duel at Daytona, will go to air a week from Thursday (Feb. 23) at 2 in the afternoon.

#18 ·
Jeff Gordons's crash was totally preventable, he was beating on Kyle Bush's bumper until he crashed and Bush was lucky enough to escape. I thought Gordon could have prevented that crash, either way that was what Saturday night was about, checkers or wreckers.

They all learned alot Saturday night, the left side of the bumper is very twitchy. I think the lack of in-car communication has the biggest effect. Yes most of the incidents were caused by bumps to the left rear, but I thought the lead car was guilty of changing their position resulting the left side hit in a couple of the cases, which is going to happen as cars gets runs on the cars in front of them, and/or they think there is an opening on the outside and they start to dive for it.

I do like the fact that the cars in the middle of a 3 wide pack appear to be more stable, not darting left of right nearly as bad as they have in the past.

Based on a qualifying, it looks to me like overheating could be a factor for anyone not in a Ford. I know they are taped up to qualify but those are some pretty harsh heat cycles to be putting those engines through when you have another 500+ miles to go.

Hope it is Smokes year to win the 500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.