Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

BTV IPG Discussions

242K views 890 replies 132 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 ·
I remember some one saying BTV has a New IPG.

Does anyone have a pic of the new guide along side the older one so we can compare the two?

#115 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lowest R00 in my collection is R00 87 so if its going in order I guess Im waiting awhile longer.

Ya the options to make these units sing are there but instead of exploiting the opportunity they are slowly removing more and nicities.

Comparatively the dishnet vip receivers have some feature Id like to see on the 9242. The vip menu has a feature called Volume leveling, ie keeps the volume output constant, and it works. no more up and down on the volume when commercial come on.
Station logo would be really flashy and would look nice against the black background. I doubt that will happen.

Color of background choice too easy.

Oh pet peeve,

let the OTA channels populate the guide info instead of saying Digital services. Again an item offered in the south. It cant be that hard the info is free cause the smart tv can build a guide and provide info about programming.

Last request ! Straighten out the Freaking channels, it looks like a lost episode of hoarders! Makes me dizzy trying to find something to watch

Clearly they could pimp the HD boxes out and nobody would want to look at a different brand but somewhere in the upper food chain the trophy hunters are lost looking at the people they have rather than the people they could entice.

BellTV do something you can be proud of for a change

rant over

#119 · (Edited by Moderator)
9242hd reciever updated guide?

HI all
Just turned on the tv tonight and discovered that my 9242hd reciever has a new program guide.

Anyone else get a new looking guide? I don't like it myself as I can't seem to change the default colour scheme.

As an aside, is there any way to get info about new channel previews, reciever updates etc? I only find out about new channels by finding them on the program guide.

Thanks

#121 ·
As an aside, is there any way to get info about new channel previews, reciever updates etc? I only find out about new channels by finding them on the program guide.
Try tuning into Channels 271 & 272.

Receiver Updates are never announced in advance to Customers, although you may find that Bell TV advise Technicians beforehand, sometimes, this being one of these times.

#124 ·
That's exactly how I feel. The white w/blue font was easy to read the way it was... there is nothing worse than black and white contrast. I have 20/20 vision and I have to squint half the time to read it on a 52" HDTV. It looks blurry to me.

If you don't like the guide, make sure you call in and add your name to the list, the complaint list is a long one. I don't know why they didn't use a nice blue guide instead of black.

#127 ·
New 9241 Firmware V245

Anyone else get this update?
I have 2 9241's, one got the update, the other hasn't and is still at V243. I have left it off for hours with no scheduled recordings, but nothing... Must be targeted, or beta testing.

The menu's are Black very nice font. Much nicer than the Bright Blue.

Since the updated one is in the basement...It doesn't get much use, not sure what the update fixes, but there is lots that they could fix. :p

Anyone else have any info on this?

Thanks sts41

#133 ·
Monkeyhunk: I know that you're just trying to be helpful an that's your intentions but trust me I know that (I have a long history with these receivers from the 2700 to the 5100 PVR to almost everything in between - I currently have 6 receivers [not all active] so I know these boxes pretty well).

The problem with the guide display text size option is that it that it's just that! It only changes the text size in the guide display. It doesn't help with the banner bars, the program descriptions, the clock, the favorites list, etc. And at the expense of less time slots and channels being visible at once in the guide.

And yes, the contrast is a major issue. I have amazingly good eyesight when in bright light particularly daylight. But I have a lot of vision issues in the dark and absolute hardest thing for me is white writing on a black background. I've always complained about that in movies.

So overall this is what I call a major deprovement. Everything was better before with the old guide. They've pushed out a change and I've lost functionality as a result. It's no fault or choice of my own but things were better before. This is similar to when then replaced my 6100 with the 6131 - I lost the UHF remote and even though they sent me a free UHF conversion kit, it's still not nearly as good (that's just another example of a Bell deprovement).

#131 ·
I think the text size is already larger in the new guide. The problem people are having is with the contrast of white text on the black background. That and the program getting cut off if it's a half hour show.
My 9242 does not have the new guide yet but the photo in post 101 appears to show this.

#139 ·
I am eagerly awaiting this new guide.....I purchased a new 9242 about 1-2 years ago and have yet to get the new up-date. Maybe BEV is sending these up-dates out in a particular order, ie. rental units first than purchased units.

Just a guess here.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.