Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

How satisfied are you with this retailer?

• Extremely Satisfied

Votes: 36 15.0%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 117 48.8%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 45 18.8%
  • Extremely Dissatisfied

Votes: 42 17.5%

Review: Best Buy

42K views 67 replies 56 participants last post by  pwh2112 
#1 ·
The purpose of this thread is for Digital Home members to review and relay their experience with Best Buy

This is NOT a discussion thread so please limit yourself to one post which includes your review.

We welcome the input and opinions of all members whether they are good or bad, however, please note that this thread is NOT for rants. Whether you had a good or bad experience with this vendor we want to hear about it but in an OBJECTIVE manner.

If you post a rant or childish comments like, these guys "suck" or they're all a "bunch of idiots", then your comments will be considered trolling and your post will be deleted.

When you post, please try to include the following information:

• What product or service you purchased.
  • Approximate timeframe you ordered the product
  • What location you dealt with if it’s a company with many stores or service locations
  • Your overall level of satisfaction
  • If you had a positive experience, please explain what made it such a positive experience.
  • If you had a negative experience, please read our guidelines below.

Guidelines for Posting Negative Reviews

The truth is no retailer or service provider is perfect and occasionally even the best companies can disappoint. Our experience is that good companies have problems but they typically make every reasonable effort to resolve problems.

If you had a problem and are posting a negative review, then please note what efforts you made to resolve the problem and the feedback you received. If you think the efforts to resolve the problem were NOT reasonable then please explain why. Saying you phoned up and talked to some idiot, suggests the problem may lie with the consumer and NOT the company!

See less See more
#54 ·
Horrible Experience with ***********

Just to tell my story in dealing with *********** for a television stand. I purchased a stand over their Labour Day Weekend Sale and received an indication that it was shipped on September 6, 2011 by UPS. As of September 12 it was listed as being in UPS warehouse in Concord, ON (I'm in Toronto), by September 19 it still wasn't delivered so I called UPS to get delivery info only to be told by UPS that they would not speak to me but only the shipper. I called Best Buy's customer service line on September 19 to report the item not delivered, the CSR on the phone told me they would look into it and would get back to me in 24 hours. As of September 21, 2011 I still had not heard from Best Buy so I phoned back, to be told that they would contact UPS again and Best Buy would contact me the following day. They never did, so I called back on September 22 only to be told that UPS was looking for the shipment. On September 23, I got an email from Best Buy stating that UPS had found the item and would deliver it on Monday September 26 and gave me a $5 credit (about 3% of the purchase price). Well the item was not delivered on September 26, so I called Best Buy again on September 27, only to be told that the would contact UPS for the 3rd time. I asked to have another item express shipped out to me, Best Buy refused unless I paid for it a second time and waited for Best Buy to deal with UPS prior to providing me with a refund for the first purchase that UPS has lost 4 times. As of today September 27, I have been told to just wait for UPS to do whatever they do, and that Best Buy will take no action to deliver me my product.

I am very disappointed by the service of Best Buy. I can understand a shipment being lost in transit once. After it was reported lost a second time I would expect Best Buy to send me the items and let them deal with UPS internally to have the first shipment returned to them or file the insurance claim. As a customer I don't feel it's reasonable for me to sit and wait for UPS (a shipper chosen by Best Buy, not me) to find a lose my product a few more times. Needless to say I will not be spending any more of my money with Best Buy / Future Shop based on this very poor service.

#55 ·
Ok experience

Picked up a BB9900 at their Free Phone Friday last week. First location I tried at Toronto Eaton Centre was understaffed. They had 3 staff in the mobile section and at most time 8-10 customers browsing or looking for help. I gave up after a while.

Visited their location near Eglinton and Laird, and there were 4 or 5 staff for 3 customers. The account setup took several tries on their systems which kept crashing and as a result took much longer than it should have. Activation worked fine on the first try and I walked out with my number transferred over and a working phone.

The salesperson was a bit pushy with their phone insurance "deal" that allows you to change out your phone whenever you have the whim. At least that's how it was described. Eventually, he accepted that I wasn't going to take it.

Overall, the experience was ok. It took much too long and the pushy sales pitch turned me off, but in the end I was happy with the outcome.

#60 ·
Made two further BB orders. Ordered within the 1st hour of Boxing Day sale (so X'mas eve evening) at 5-6p PST. BB Playbook (+ some HDMI cables) was shipped late on the 26th ^ and delivered first thing on the 27th.

Ordered some minor accessories last week. CF card was shipped from Ontario late last week and arrived Monday AM. SD card and camera case which are still showing in stock still haven't shipped.

#61 ·
I can tell you that Best Buy has a comprehensive model for Customer Service issues that are submitted through their Facebook or Twitter pages @BBYCPresident. When you submit a complaint through either channel, this goes directly to their executive leadership and they are required to provide an update to each and every issue. I had a issue, not important what the issue was, but I received a phone call from the VP of eCommerce on a holiday Friday to resolve it!

I met with the CTO at Best Buy Canada earlier in the month and we talked about the customer experience. They certainly understand the power of social media!

#62 ·
Just had a very positive experience with Best Buy.

I needed a small 19" LED TV that had a QAM Tuner, I called into 2 stores only to find none available, they were unable to confirm 100% which other store had the particular model in stock, advising me to call each store.

I got home called 3 more stores, the 3rd had the TV and immediately asked if I would like to reserve it for collection.

The store opened at 10am, yesterday, I was inside at 10:01, straight to the Customer Service Desk and there was my TV.

Great service and a very fast and pleasant check out experience too. I expected to have to take the TV over to the normal Check Out but no, they ealt with everything as the CS desk, very impressed.

#63 ·
The above brings to mind a recent similar experience I had at a local BB store. After going to the local store in search of a TV stand and not really finding anything suitable, it was suggested I use their computer to search the website and after finding a suitable stand, while not in stock in the store, the employee searched nearby stores, phoned to verify they had one in stock and reserved it for me to go pick up. Excellent service imho.

#64 ·
Just thought I'd add a bit more to the thread. I responded to this thread saying that I never had any problems etc. Now, I did not have a problem personally per say but had to intervene between a customer and the Best Buy rep who was trying to sell one of those extended warranty plans. I get why they sell them and hell, I even buy them on occasion depending on the product I'm being but what I did not appreciate was the rep lying to the customer.

She was about to buy an Apple product. He was trying to sell her the "optimal plan" which covers anything you can think of, dropping your Ipad, running over your Imac with your car etc. So far so good, I believe it's true that the plan covers all this. Where it got me and I intervene is when he told the lady who raised up the Apple Care + plan offered by Apple, he told her, that Apple would not cover "accidental" physical damage. That's when I intervene and told him: Yes it does. He said no it doesn't. Said yes it does, been researching Apple and other products for the past week and I know for a fact that Apple Care covers accidental physical damage... That's when he said yes but you have a fee to pay for them to repair or replace your product. I said yes but your Optimal Plan is about $360 with taxes. Apple Care + is $115 or so taxes included plus a $57 a piece for up to two repairs/replacements for accidental physical damage to an Ipad which brings total possible costs to $230, $130 less than what you are charging for your plan... The debate ended there and I'm sure the lady was pretty thankful that I intervened...

#67 ·
From their Price Guarantee FAQ

What happens if the competitor doesn’t have the item I want in stock or has limited quantities of the product?

Retailers sometimes advertise a product as having limited quantities in stock. Unfortunately, if the item is out of stock or a competitor has advertised limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for our Lowest Price Guarantee. Likewise, if we sell a product that is advertised as being in limited quantity, it will not be eligible for any price matching.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/lo...21465eba341e5bc2d9a035en06&HelpTitleId=HC1001

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.