Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Watch Dogs

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dezzpayne 
#1 ·
Anyone playing? Cool game, and the online hacking of another person's game is innovative. But I'm disappointed in the story. It's not even about hacking, just a fake GTA criminal, and the "hacking" is just a gaming feature, like Batman's ability to see bad guys through walls.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I haven't played it yet but the reviews I read all seem to say the same thing. The story is really quite bad, just loosely tying together a bunch of missions.

Story is what's keeping it out of the 90+ Metacritic range. Everyone is still anxiously awaiting the first really great AAA title for either console. Everything so far as been good but not great. Wonder who will be the first to crash the party?

#3 ·
It's a total GTA rip off imo. You steal cars and drive around with a radio station playing, and try to outrun cops. There are other open world games with a city and missions all about, but the driving part is what makes this feel eerily like GTA, and Ubisoft hoping to make this their own GTA.

Then there's the Ubisoft thing where you open up areas by making your way to a tower. I never played an Assassin's Creed game, but I understand they do it in those games, and I saw it in Far Cry 3.

#4 ·
Watch Dogs had a huge effect on PS4 sales

Week Ending May 31st

PS4 202K
XB1 52K

I guess people are waiting for their Kinectless XB1's but to quadruple sales is pretty impressive.

Watch Dogs breakdown

PS4 1.9M copies
XB1 900K copies

I was eagerly anticipating it's release but with the reviews I may just wait until I clear my backlog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.