Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Ice Road Truckers

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hockeymancw 
#1 ·
Hi saw this series advertised over the weekend however it appears to be only available on the US History channel. Does anyone know if it is available from any provider in Canada? Thanks.

#2 ·
Not sure about availability on Canadian TV, but you will be able to buy season 1 on DVD starting Oct 30. Pre-orders available at shop.aetv.com for $35 US. Apparently shot in HD... it might be worth the purchase.

#3 ·
I would hope that it will make its way north, especially with all the hype associated with the series.
My son is at Ekati and he tells me this was an exceptional year for the ice highways. 2006 was poor and they didn't get all the fuel they needed. This year, they not only filled the storage facilities but they were able to move and keep full tanker trailers on site. The series looks interesting.

#5 ·
I watched the first episode. It was good, not sure how it will work show after show. Sort of like Deadlest Catch, which I initially liked, however after a few episodes it all started looking the same. This might go the same way, but it should be good for 3 or 4 episodes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.