Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Old School systems and games

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  metalhawk 
#1 ·
Recently got unlazy and hooked up my a few of my old school systems. When I found my NES and SNES didn't work I ordered an aftermarket console that plays multiple system games.

What are some of your favorite old school games for NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, PSOne and PS2?

Got a couple games for each but most have gone MIA over the years, and for the life of me can't remember what games I liked(must have done something a lot in my teens to effect my memory lol)

I've been rocking Rampage world tour and NWO revenge for 64, waiting for Mario kart 64, wave race 64, and excitebike 64 to show up, want to get excitebike for NES, was my favorite back in the day.
SNES can really only remember NHL 95 and the wrap around, I think NBA Jams was SNES too, I just remember "he's on fire".

#3 ·
Oh my I forgot that game ever existed. It was one of the few games I'd rent that didn't have an ending but damn I could play it for hours.

For me it was mostly RPG's. Star Tropics, Act Raiser, Suikoden, Legend of Dragoon, the very first Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, Crystalis I remember being a kid and seeing Final Fantasy on a store shelf and being enthralled by it. The very first video game I ever purchased. Sadly the franchise has gone to crap.

The other non RPG's I was into were, Contra, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Double Dragon, Blades of Steel, Rygar, Faxanadu, Blaster Master (this one drove me crazy as a kid), Pirates!, Bionic Commando,

Umm I like video games

#8 ·
#10 ·
I had an Atari 800XL in my youth, loved the Lucasfilm games Rescue on Fractalus & BallBlazer, the graphics were mind blowing at the time. Other Atari favourites would be Miner 2049, Boulderdash & Alleycat. There were some truly weird games for that system, Hover Bovver, a lawn mowing game, and Neuromancer, something to do with a wizard and live trees, where two that stick in my mind.

Loved Elite on the BBC Micro, the game that changed the industry, no longer did you have 3 lives and were in a controlled environment, Elite was the first open world game.

#12 ·
Looks like some of you guys are a bit older than me, I was like 8 when super nintendo came out probably around 5 when I got a nintendo and it would have been out a couple years by then,
never even heard of some of these different systems

#15 ·
Atari buries huge cache of game considered bad.... then someone digs them up...

I'm not a video game person, but got a good chuckle out of this Globe and Mail story of Atari who buried a game they considered truly horrible....

But word kept circulating that there was this huge cache of E.T. The Extra Terrestrial buried.

Now someone has dug it up....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/tech...rch-of-worst-video-game-ever/article18280943/

Cameron

#16 ·
I used to have that game in the early 80s. Man was it awful, even for the times.

Tina Amini, deputy editor at gaming website Kotaku, says the game tanked because “it was practically broken” with that the E.T. falling into traps that were almost impossible to escape and would appear constantly and unpredictably.
I am still traumatized by this. hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.